Reporting time

by serein 17 Replies latest jw friends

• serein
    serein

has any of u ever put a report in and added time u didnt do on it

i have ......just so theyd stop bugging me its like every time i sat down have u put ur report in thats all they talked to me for,

then id get ignored rest of the time,

so i wasnt going on min or doing kids studys any more and just put what ever hours on it just for sake of it so they wouldnt bug me

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I've been doing that for the last 8 months. I haven't actually turned in my time either, the SO has to call me and I just tell him 2 hours. This month is going to be the first month that I will tell him 0 when he calls.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

I was an auxiliary pioneer for 3 months in 2 years and am proud to announce my reports were fake. I only made between 30 and 35 hours per month and reported 50-51. I also blown hot air into all my reports. There goes the annual report of the JW org! It will be very precise, for sure!

• serein
    serein

when i was studying i used to have sis come round on min days and have a cup of tea talk kids and stuff then go, i know for a fact they wernt saying they were at my house but was out knocking making good hours,what did my head in was i never saw em on any other days and when i was at hall they ignored me

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I remember auxilliary pioneering, and I had been out all day, six hours, when I got home my hubby said oh youv'e got six hours to report for today, I said no I can only count three and a half, the other hours were walking to territory, stopping for tea, and then lunch. Hubby replied, why don't you do what the full time and special pioneers do, count your time from the moment you leave your house to the time you get home.

And you could have even have gone to the cinema and visit friends to kill time co's thats what [so and so] told me he does and he is always doing assignments about the benefits of the ministry. LOL he was actually an elder and full time pioneer. Hubby just told me to follow his example, but my conscience always got the better of me. Thats why I always struggled to get my hours in and was exhausted.

Over the years hubby and I had health problems and during those times which where our lowest and darkest, we were hounded to go out on the ministry and attend meetings, that is all they were interested in. We were genuinely ill but were treated as if we were a liability to them. They would ignore us and make us feel as if we were not worthy. Even when we were well we never felt we were doing enough, it was all just a game, Christianity on paper, you are only as good as your last report, no wonder so many probably fake reports.

We know how you felt serein. RosePetal

• Joliette
    Joliette

I hate the whole reporting time thing. Just goes into that corporate mind thinking. I dont think thats what Jesus was or is all about.

• Heaven
    Heaven

The whole Field Serve-Us Report is just one of many things I have issue with. It is a tool used by the WTS to club people over the head to get them to do their bidding. There is no scriptural backing for it so why do you have to do it? One more item to add to the growing list of what the WTS does above and beyond the Bible and Christ's teachings.

Christ said " For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Having to report time and go door-to-door does not follow this at all.

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

In my congo, the custom was to stop someone on the street, as soon as we finished the service meeting and give a leaflet or a magazine. Even if we were refused, that counted as a knock in the door and we could, according to the official doctrine, start counting our time from there. Also, it is normal to count your time while going from one door to another, from one street to another, from one place to another. All the time reported to the org. by the pioneers is fluffed! No reasonable brother or sister can make 70 a month, have a job, be a MS or an elder or the wife of them, tend to the kids, come to the meetings.

JW world-wide, fluff your reports, aim, fire!

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Heaven and Dag: Excatly!

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Yes Joliette, This is self admittance by the society that your salvation is not secure and that you have to work for your salvation. Reports are also used to keep everyone under control, used for judgement and for punishing. A mark of a good witness is his service report.[Corporate mind thinking]

Jesus said my yoke is kindly and my load is light. Serving the true Lord should be a refreshing experience, not something that holds you in dread. Having to make an account of yourself to men you are giving away your freedom of conscience and allowing them to hijack your faith. Jesus said let your light shine so that men can see your good works and give glory to your father in the heavens. That is the point giving your glory to the father and not to a man made organisation. [Corporate mind thinking]

RosePetal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit