Making the final break - stopping attending the Memorial

by Eiben Scrood 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Eiben Scrood wrote:

<< "The cherry on the top for me though, and what prompted serious thought of not going was the new overlapping generation teaching. This goes so far above and beyond anything before IMO. It's the equivalent of the KoolAid being poured for me. >>

At the Memorial, only the remnant of the "anointed" partake of the wine, but ALL JWs partake of the Kool-Aid.

For 99.9% of JWs, the WTS has turned, "Do this in remembrance of me" into, "Don't do this at all."

They "remember Jesus" NOT by doing what he said to do: "Take... eat.... take... drink" but by proclaiming that they have no part in his body or blood.

<< It is so completely and insanely nonsensical that I started asking myself: Do I want anything to do with this organization anymore? How can rational, at least semi-intelligent people swallowing this new teaching? It has been an epiphany of sorts for me. If this didn't wake people up, nothing will." >>

A lot of us said the same thing about the false prophecies and the GB's post-1975 blaming of the rank and file for getting carried away with their own expectations.

But that didn't phase millions of JWs at all.

Some of them came out later for other reasons, such as points of doctrine or hypocrisy they saw in the organization.

In reality, "the straw that breaks the camel's back" is different for each individual.

Some never reach that point.

They just keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Eiben Scrood, attend a REAL communion and see what it's all about. That's what I'd like to do. Not that I've ever been to one. But I do partake privately in obedience of what Jesus said, "Keep doing this in rememberance of me" He didn't say "Keep doing this in rememberance of me...unless you belong to the great crowd."

• In
    In

yeah, I was done for this past year when the brother spent more time talking about Armagedoom than Christ.

And he was supposed to be a really good visiting speaker.

Oh wait... dubs are obsessed with Armagedoom... no wonder they liked him.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It is kind of sick when you break it down.

Annual sales pitch night.

Also known as ... "Ignore Jesus Night"

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Just because they do it wrong doesn't mean we should ignore Jesus command to partake of the bread and wine.

• AGuest
    AGuest

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Please, dear ES (peace to you!)... say it isn't SO! This is the ONLY meeting that folks SHOULD attend! And it is the one where ALL have the opportunity to OBEY Christ... in this LEAST thing... eating his flesh and drinking his blood!

I am the bread of life. Y OUR forefathers ate the manna in the wilderness and yet died. This is the bread that comes down from heaven, so that ANYONE may eat of it and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven; if ANYONE eats of this bread he will live forever; and, for a fact, the bread that I shall give is my flesh in behalf of the life of the world.”

Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” Accordingly [Jesus] said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , UNLESS you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have NO life in yourselves. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood REMAINS IN UNION WITH ME, and I in union with him. Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.”

Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, who is the Son of the MOST Holy One of Israel... is the "bread" from heaven... the TRUE MANNA.

And these, the WTBTS... are the ONLY ones of so-called 'christians'... who have stopped millions from obeying this COMMAND. In doing so, they SHUT UP the kingdom of the heavens before men.

Dear one... it is all of the OTHER meetings that are of absolutely NO value. THIS one... however, if everyone did what they SHOULD do at THIS one... she would topple. Her very foundation... the false teaching of TWO laws... TWO hopes... and that the New Covenant is ONLY open to Israel (i.e., 144,000 "from among the sons of ISRAEL")... would crumble beneath her.

Please... think about what you're considering. Go... and partake! SHAME THE DEVIL, that Liar! Stand up and be counted in the rolls of the HEAVENS... and do not keep your mind upon the things... upon the earth!

I bid you peace... and ears to hear when the Spirit and the Bride say to YOU (which does not necessarily occur BEFORE one partakes, but after one OBEYS!):

"Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!"

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Eiben Scrood!

Nice post :)

These two verses say it all.

John 6:53-54 (New International Version © 2010)

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• laverite
    laverite

Have a bit of wine and crackers and enjoy...at home. Why go to their sales/recruitement/PR event?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Why go to their sales/recruitement/PR event?

As a "witness to Christ", perhaps, dear laverite (peace to you!)? Like how he continued to go to the temple, even though God's spirit was removed from that place... and put in HIM? Same, premise: to be a living witness to others as to what one SHOULD be doing on that night... and thus, by our CONDUCT... "preach a release" to those captives.

Peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• undercover
    undercover

The Memorial is the only meeting that I attend, if then even. I've managed to skip some of them but most years a little more pressure is put on by family so I'll go if it becomes an issue.

I actually don't mind too much. I have no superstitions about the service, about the KH or about the people. Going to the Memorial now is no different than going to a service of another church had I been invited there instead. I figure one hour a year isn't that big of a deal. Sometimes you have to know when to fight and when to be diplomatic.

I think it's funny how dubs get all worked up about going to the Memorial. My JW family goes to some length to ensure that I'll go but they never carry through with that zeal to see if I'll go to the next meeting...or the next...etc.

I also like to show up in all my "worldly" grooming and dress. No, I couldn't find my razor, but thanks for asking... Why no necktie? Sorry...hate em...

And while I might prefer to be anywhere other than a KH, I make sure to put my best foot forward when I show up for the Memorial. I like being inactive. I like no longer having to pretend to be happy as a JW. I like being me, instead of one of the nameless, faceless rabble of zombie believers...and I make sure that joy of being out shows. Sometimes I see inactive ones come in and you can see the obvious embarrasment and shame of only showing up once a year. Not me... I walk in head held high, speaking with everyone and shaking hands. Any questions about my health, work or general well being is always answered in the positive. Life if great not being a JW...show it. Don't cower in the corner hoping no one notices you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit