Rolling Stones icon Keith Richards...

by Gregor 26 Replies latest social entertainment

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Not seeing the Stones in concert is one of my TWO biggest regrets.

• designs
    designs

Saw them at the Rose Bowl- Bridges To Babylon Tour- they opened with Buddy Holly's 'Not Fade Away'! 'I'm gonna tell you how its gonna Beee' Ooowwwwww

• Gregor
    Gregor

The book is almost 600 pages and I am only up to about 80 so I haven't gotten into the details of he and Micks falling out(s)...

I have to mention that although I am a fan of the Stones since they came on the scene 40 yrs ago when I was a JW and I wasn't even supposed to listen to R&R, I am not a 'worshipper'.

My interest is based on a couple of really good book reviews and a fascination with the life of a guy who started out in the slums of jolly ol' and became filthy rich and famous. He is two years older than me but I have to say he makes me look twenty years younger than him! He writes about his life in a very down to earth honest narrative that is refreshing coming from a guy that has lived his life.

• dinah
    dinah

Gregor, I don't pray to Keith or anything like that!! He's my rock idol, meaning he's my favorite musician.

I've been a fan since I was 12 years old, and have read tons of books about him. He is fascinating.

• warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

bless you mouthy you really made me laugh in your innocence....

• Satanus
    Satanus

Listening to the audio book. It's hilarious!

S

• dinah
    dinah

Started reading yesterday. It's almost like he's sitting there telling me the story.

I love how he gave more background on his family and roots. Growing up near London after WW2 had to be a bitch. I admire his attitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit