Mmm...college

by mikepence 14 Replies latest jw friends

• uncle jimbo
    uncle jimbo

mike-

congrats! The most important thing that college teaches you is HOW to think. Given what you said about your interests, I recommend psychology. Of all the college classes I have taken (including grad school), the two classes I learned the most in were "Human Perception" and "Intro Psych." The unit on High Control groups hit close to home.

As what to avoid, I agree with Woody Allen: "Stay away from any class with Beowolf in the title."

good luck.

uncy

• DIM
    DIM

congratulations Mike, I'll be going back to school in the fall, so you'll have to let me know how it works out for you....

i'm sick and tired of hearing things from uptight-short-sighted-narrow minded hypocritics. all i want is the truth just gimme some truth - John Lennon

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

wooohooooo mike! congratulations!!!

\~/ *clink*

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Congratultions Mike,
    Tommorow is my first day at Sac State. I attended a local junior college for a couple of years and transferred after deciding to major in Sociology. Just as a suggestion one of my favorite courses was "critical thinking" it gave me new perspectives and helped me to feel comfortable with not knowing all the answers. Another tip for choosing a course is to go to the book store and look at the texts to see which ones interest you. I have found that most professors who have written their own text books are wonderful instructors (they tend to stay on schedule and are very passionate about the courses they teach). You may not feel ready to take comparative religion at this time but don't rule it out completely it was a real eye opener for me. Best Wishes in your pursuits.

• cellomould
    cellomould

one of my favorite GE classes was Biopsychology...

try also:
    Music (always fun and pretty easy)
    Linguistics
    Environmental studies (I had a course in the Geography dept)
    Women's Studies (nice to have a class with a healthy female:male ratio)

cellomould

"In other words, your God is the warden of a prison where the only prisoner is your God." Jose Saramago, The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit