NEED HELP ASAP

by BoomTown 34 Replies latest jw friends

• breathing
    breathing

how about not 'pushing' but rather saying when she is ready to explore things you are here for her.......

tell her you know 'a few things, inconsistancies and such'...

AND

Get her to see it for herself. Don't tell her, help her to get it out.

the 2 above quotes from previous posts are spot on in my opinion,

i was terrified when i started to have doubts and i actively avoided people i knew would help me leave cos i was needing to slow it right down, and looking back i needed the space and time to gather the strength and courage to be able to leave without feeling that terror,

i started having doubts because of inhumane treatment of individuals on a couple of occasions that i just could not ignore, it got to that part of me that wasnt brainwashed and it started the ball rolling, although slowly,

just be there for her, be a great husband!! so that you are her support network NOT THEM, so that when and if she leaves, she will know she can survive it,

is ther anyway you could move away from the area thats having a big effect on her? i did that too, and i t really helped me to leave, not having the pressure of a congregation and family right on my doorstep.

and yes just get her to say things, they say that a really good teacher gets the pupil to come to the answer themselves and that that is the best way to learn, but you can nudge her in the direction of it,

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

We had another disc ussion last night. It went well. I used the dialog ue of the catholics and hell and she said, "catholics don't have the tr uth beca use why wo uld a loving God torment anyone?"

My response-Whats the difference between that and the JW's version of armageddon where 99% of people are m urdered? She tho ught abo ut it and then realized it was very similar.

I left it at that and didn't p ush it.

She then said, " I g uess I don't share all the same views as JWs"...

Not like she stated that JW's are false prophets or anything b ut this is light years ahead of where she was even 3 months ago.

Thanks for everyones help. I'll keep ya'll posted if anything else changes. My g uess is that she'll still contin ue making 50-60% of meetings and will event ually want to stop as long as she keeps reasoning on logic.

Thanks for everyones help!

• AllTimeJeff
  • Balsam
    Balsam

Does your wife enjoy reading???? Some books by a woman biblical scholar might be interesting to her. She has several if you go on Amazon.com and look. Elain Pagels or Karen L. King are good ones to start with.

When I first left but was unsure of the WTS actually being a source of truth I started reading books by biblical scholars. I realized that there were never any real biblical scholars in the JW's.

Ruth

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

This last weeks Watchtower study (maybe par. 10?) said that we are not capable of understanding or even applying what is in the Bible without the help of the FDS. I told my wife that I found that offensive. I told her I wasn't being haughty, but that statement was insulting to my intelligence. She actually agreed.

We had been talking about reinstating our FWN to answer some serious questions/doubt that I have. (But really to get her to think, as has been suggested on this site. It's working.) So last night we began to research who the FDS represents - just the governing body or the annointed as a whole? We couldn't really get a straight answer. (I already knew that and reminded her of a talk she had in the past that dealt with that subject and left her confused.) I then asked why something like that should have such a vague explanation.

In the WTLib, we looked under the annointed heading and then researched the subheading I think dealing with holy spirit. I believe 1997 was the last time something was written about this in the Watchtower. It was mentioned that the annointed do not have nor receive any extra holy spirit or understanding than the other sheep or great crowd would.

So I pointed out how this contradicted what was stated in the recent WT study, about our inability to comprehend the Bible without the help of the FDS. I asked her what she thought about that and if there was anything in the Bible that stated a distinction between who could understand the Bible, especially since Jesus spoke about how his father was so willing to grant holy spirit to those who asked for it.

She didn't say a whole lot but did not disagree. She had a look of disbelief on her face. I highlighted the fact that this info is DIRECTLY from the Watchtower publications. (She is somewhat liberal in her thinking so that definitely helps.)

My point in telling you this BoomTown is because studying with the Watchtower publications to break walls down is an excellent plan. It has been proven here before. But beware that it can still backfire on the absolutely blind and brainwashed mind. Give it a shot. Your wife's mind seems open right now. Prime opportunity. I wish you the best in success.

CoC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit