NEED HELP ASAP

by BoomTown 34 Replies latest jw friends

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

OK,

My wife is bitter towards the organization right now and is finally willing to talk about flaws without her shutting down. What is the easiest way to prove the witnesses don't have the "the single truth" of the bible?

Today I said to her, "you are probably worried about leaving because you think "what if they are right and armageddon comes." and she agreed with me.

What line of reasoning should I use here. Its got to be simple. Shes never studied anything meaningful and only goes to meetings for her parents and because "what if they are right".

• onemore
    onemore

What would convince you that the WT is just another religion?

• Ding
    Ding

There's no one-size-fits-all approach.

It depends on the individual.

I would listen to her complaints about the organization and go from there.

What bothers her most?

Has she expressed doubts about particular teachings?

Focus on things like that.

If you can give us more specifics, we might be able to help.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Boom Town if Jehovah is as Forgiven as we were taught.......

wouldn't he Understand and also think of the Years you Served and take that into thought.

If Isaiah was killed by this man (can't remember name) who was His Prophet ONLY to Forgive that man later....... You leaving isn't as bad a Killing His Prophet ..... No?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree with Ding, ask her what particular teaching bothers her, then come back and see what the posters can help you with

• Ding
    Ding

Is she willing to look at what Ray Franz wrote in Crisis of Conscience?

That book will give her dozens of reasons to question "God's organization."

But you've got to be careful.

If she views that as "apostate literature" she may turn on you and retreat right back in the organization.

We really need to know more details about her state of mind in order to be able to give you good advice.

• wasblind
    wasblind

And if she won't look at so called Apostate literature, pick up some of their own and show her the descrepancies.

If you look through this site you will find things that can assist you I'm sure.

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Ask about the cornerstone of WTS teaching. 607BC!!! I like this because if 607BC is wrong then 1914 wasn't Jesus' return and FDS wasn't chosen in 1919 which makes GB a fraud thus making a wts a fraud. Once one realized GB are just men and not appointed by God, one has easier time in examining all other aspects of WTS belief system.

• blondie
    blondie

So what specific event(s) in her life have lead to this bitterness? I would discuss that.

• yknot
    yknot

If she isn't willing to read Ray.....

The whole premise of the WTS being 'right' goes back to 'appointment' and you can download dang near all of the Rutherford era.....

So you could suggest that maybe it is time for yall to 'make sure all things' and look into the appointment........

Tread carefully!

Prayer, love, hope, and hugs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit