A difference between 2009 Annual Report and 2010 Annual Report

by Gayle 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

The first place we will see official stats is the 2011 Yearbook, which should be available soon and will include Memorial numbers. But it is my understanding, from years past, that at the Annual Meeting they give the numbers for the previous service year. Looks like they need to hide something -- just like they no longer print the monthly numbers in the KM every month -- only "highlights".

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Like the CDrom, it isn't about 2010 because 2010 isn't over yet. Won't 2010 be discussed in 2011?

Since the "service year" for JW's runs from September to August, 2010 is already over for their purposes. That's why they can include complete statistics for the year in the next year's yearbook, which often comes out before the end of the calendar year.

• factfinder
    factfinder

The big increase for the 2009 SY, especially in the USA, was unusual. It's likely the increase this year was back to being a much more modest one. But the December or November KM highlights for the U.S. would be for July and August. Any new peak in Publishers for the U.S. would be mentioned there. Does anyone have the November KM yet?

I'd guess the fact that they gave no mention at the Annual Meeting of statistics for the US is that there was not much to brag about. This year's increase is likely a small one.

The WT for over 100 years published the chart in each Jan. 1 issue. More recently it was moved to the Feb. 1 issue then no longer published in the WT but the KM included the chart in a 4 page insert. Then that too was done away with.

But there was a big increase in the monthly figures for the magazines. The w went up from 39,600,000 to 42,162,000 and g went up from 38,451,000 to 39,919,000. Are there more pioneers? Why such a big jump?

Does anyone else find the figure for the w to me misleading? I say this because in the public w it says: Printing each issue: 42,162,000 . This makes you think it is for the public edition only and the study edition has an additional amount. the study edition gives no number printed. But the 42,162,000 is the TOTAL figure for the w for the month including the study edition. they should reword it to: Monthly printing, not EACH ISSUE.

I always thought the publisher figures were conservative because many publishers do not bother to report their fs and there are alot of countries where publishers can't report or only limited numbers of reports get through such as in China.

Does anyone remember when they used to print the edition figures in the books and update the number each year? then beginning in 2005 they did away with that and put instead 2010 printing, etc. Why do you think they want to keep the production numbers secret?

• antes8080
    antes8080

i have some stats and there has been some growth and is not in the ing side at all the only reason there has been any growth in the U.S is couse of the spanish side there were 52 new cong last year 46 were spanish cong 4 other languages and 2 ing... so as long as there hispanics in the U.S they will be growth in my area they were 4 new spanish cong last year and four more in this cooming year there lots of ignorance in the spanish side the meethings averege 150...

• factfinder
    factfinder

thank you antes8080!

if there were only 52 new congs formed in the USA this year, only 1 per week, the growth really did slow down alot.

Is the peak publisher figure available yet?

• factfinder
    factfinder

I just checked the Yearbooks and the increase was 165 more congregations in the US from 2008-2009, so if there were only 52 new ones last year it signifies the 2010 SY was not so great. Things seem back to normal, modest growth in the USA. Right?

• factfinder
    factfinder

A yearly report similar to what other companies do would be interesting.

Donations recieved

Expenses

cash on hand

value of properties

square feet of facilities

production reports for all literature, magazines, job printing, etc.

Number of presses, bindery lines. etc.

total bethelites

tons of paper and ink used

But they are not willing to release such information. I'd be very interested in it but I guess most other people would not. And I think they are trying to play down how large a publishing corporation they have in order to avoid taxation.

What does anyone else think?

• Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble

Does anyone have the 2010 figures yet - these should be in the 2011 yearbook.

• sir82
    sir82

The US January 2011 KM reports that the US had a peak publisher count of about 1.178 million in August 2010 (don't recall the exact number).

That would represent a 2.1% increase over the 2009 peak.

Of course, as (I assume) everyone knows, the "peak publisher" count is rather meaningless, as it includes 10's of thousands of reports for prior months which hadn't been turned in on time, that get "lumped in" with the "real" reports for the month.

And as Farkel accurately noted, an enormous amount of the hours, and even publisher counts, is just made up out of thin air.

It does have a modicum of value as a comparsion to other years' "peak publisher" counts, though.

It is interesting to note that the slope of the curve, while still trending upward, has changed direction. I.e., the "rate of increase" from peak to peak dropped from 4% in 2009 to 2% in 2010.

• eric356
    eric356

JW numbers go up when shit goes bad. They went from 0% growth to 2.5% growth because of Sept. 11. I think it likely that the Great Recession, with the uncertainty it brought (no doubt stoked by calls of "Look at the death pangs of this old system") should cause numbers to go up. Not to mention all the people that were laid off and have plenty of time to go out in service. Also, unemployed people are at home more and more likely to be found.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit