A difference between 2009 Annual Report and 2010 Annual Report

by Gayle 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

In 2009 Annual Meeting Report, the report was given of these stats:

U.S. 7/09 new peak in pubs and again in 8/09 land mark of 1,154,275 pubs. Making a 4% increase over last year. Regular Pioneers 7.1% increase. Hours increased 2,075,895. Bible Studies 657,544 making a 9% increase over last year. Memorial Attendance 2,469,036 over 50,000 more from last year.

In 2010 Annual Meeting Report, such U.S. stats are omitted in any reports so far. Is that in fact so? Has such a report of the U.S. of any 'increases' been omitted on purpose. It just seems to me that if there were such good type increases they would have blared that out again already. Wonder why????

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Gayle,

I have no idea though I find your question worthy of a serious reponse. May they are hiding the fact that things did not go well this 2010 year.

Scott77

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Seems like these reports first showed about Feb each year in the Watchtower, no? I'm a bit out of touch [due to not caring about them too much nowadays], but has the Feb Wt been printed yet?

Jeff

• Farkel
    Farkel

Since a huge proportion of the hours reported are made-up anyway, and a good proportion of "Bible Studies" by dubs with their children never happen, and since a 2 minute "witnessing" conversation can easily be rounded up to 15 minutes in order to keep a dub from becoming "irregular" or "inactive", it's all bullshit no-matter-what numbers they report.

Farkel

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I thought the 2010 meeting was about 2009. Like the CDrom, it isn't about 2010 because 2010 isn't over yet. Won't 2010 be discussed in 2011?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR
    Since a huge proportion of the hours reported are made-up anyway...

So true. how much time is reportedly spent standing at doors of vacant houses, is of no real interest.

Why don't they do what all other companies do and publish their annual accounts? This would show the true growth or shrinkage of their publishing empire.

They could even raise funds by selling shares in the company to worldly people. After all, what's the point of owning 100% of a company when the end of this wicked financial system is 'just around the corner.'

May as well realize some serious capital to be used funding missionaries to warn people that there are only weeks left to climb on board the modern day ark. They could then claim another prophecy has been fulfilled about Jehovah speeding things up.

Oh happy days!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I hope for a significant drop. They can only have so many fake increases, fake field circus slips, "mistakes" in counting, and coercing 4- and 5-year old children as unbaptized publishers before something is going to become blatantly obvious. Let them sell the damn shares--I wonder if there is any way I can sell them short and then buy puts on them at just under their initial offer price.

• moshe
    moshe

One half of the seats in KH's are empty, so they merge that KH into a new and bigger 3 cong KH and sell the three paid for KH's, the WT keeps the money and the 3 congs get to start paying the mortgage on a new 1 million dollar KH. It's obvious to all in the KH that the JWs are declining as a religion, but the JWs want to believe the phoney JW growth numbers.

• sir82
    sir82

Guaranteed, if tehy don't say anything about it, it's disappointing news.

Of course we'll have to wait for the yearbook to get the official numbers, but my guess is they show at most a nominal (<1%) increase.

Farkel's point is a good one - I suspect what growth they have shown in recent years is due to an increasing proportion of made-up numbers.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The stats in yellow highlights above were given 10-3-2009 at their Annual Meeting. They mentioned then that their U.S. stats there were several increases. That would cover from the previous period of their 'service year' covering from Sept through Aug. so would have been Sept. 1 2008 through Aug. 2009. Then, in their 2010 Yearbook, the WTS re-verified those same stats. (those stats from the Yearbook were being scanned in Jan. 2010 as some ex-JWs got early Yearbooks already)

Since, sometimes the WTS is even willing to show negative (decrease) for some countries as in Europe, the WTS in last Yearbook Annual Report was willing to show 0% increase for several countries, like Czech, Finland, Germany, Japan, Poland, Sweden, etc.

However, this last Annual Meeting (Oct 2010), in the reports we are getting from the "underground" there were no U.S. stats, so I am only suspect as nothing seemed to been mentioned for the U.S. this time. It just seems if they had something to brag about that way, that they would have mentioned it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit