Know anything about "Team National" - multi-level marketing?

by Bonnie_Clyde 18 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Yep, that is true...being in early helps ginormously, although just getting in whener is important--only IF it is something you believe in.

I kinda of think of WTS as an MLM, but you don't get paid residuals and sign on bonuses! Think about it....you get someone to talk you into joining, then you tell others, and then they tell others...imagine if WTS was MLM in the sense you made money. WTS and MLM? Hmmmmm. In essence, I spose it is when you think about it! You just don't make money cos they claim they are not a business, but are nonetheless structured just like MLM. Hmmmmm. Food for thought. I imagine this has been brought out before, I just never thought about it like that till now.

In my MLM I have 77 personally sponsored and almost 2000 on my global team. Not only do residuals come from my people, but all people who came into the company after me. So that makes about 2000 since I joined. The company is not even in full launch yet. Not trying to promote here...just telling you I understand the impoirtance of getting in at the beginning. One day I will ride around in a huge motorhome with a hemp leaf on the side. Won't that be a head turner! I don't even smoke anymore, just love the plant!

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses
    Many times they are cults - commercial cults. Check out Steve Hassan's website and do as much research as you can.

I also saw the similarities between MLMs and cults. My opinion is that you will find similar practices in such different groups simply because these practices usually work very well. And is the Watchtower really that much different than a business? The people they recruit are basically going to become customers. Customers for the pamphlets, books, DVDs. The Watchtower is similar to a pyramid scheme. It’s all about recruiting everyone you know. Cold calling the public to get them to join. The real product the Watchtower sells is eternal life in a paradise. And they claim to be the only company who can sell you that product.

I feel that there are many ethical problems with MLMs. Typically its all about appealing to a persons greed to get them to join. You will use your social network to find “customers”. But if I believe in a product and want to share it with loved ones, I simply tell them about the product. I don’t try to make money off of them. The line is crossed with MLMs. Research as much as you can about MLMs. My brother tried to recruit me into a MLM and it’s made our relationship somewhat strained. I don’t enjoy having a family member try to make money off of me.

I worked at an RV dealership last winter and one of the biggest motorhomes I ever saw belonged to a MLM distributor of MonaVie acai berry juice. The word I got was he got in on the ground floor and thousands of sellers/dealers were under him and he was getting $$ from all of their sales.

Often if you go to a MLM meeting or listen to the sales pitch of a distributor you will hear similar stories about a successful person in the company. This person will be presented as a example of how much money can be made in the MLM. But how did that person get to the point of making so much money? They made their money of the “suckers” below them. The majority of the people below them make no money and most even lose money in the MLM.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Watchtowers witness

Cool avatar pic. Did you take it, yourself?

S

• Watchtowers Witnesses
    Watchtowers Witnesses

No, I found it on Google images.

• moshe
    moshe

Ostriches were a MLM. In the beginning they touted the meat and leather profits from ostriches- money to be made! Pretty soon the cost of one fertile ostrich egg was $75-$100! people were raising ostriches and selling their eggs and chicks to other people who wanted to make money, then they tried to sell the eggs for $50 to the next batch of breeders who wanted to get into the Ostrich business. Pretty soon their weren't anymore people to sell eggs and breeding pairs of Ostriches to. The meat never became popular and the birds were pretty dangerous critters- one kick could break a leg or rib. The Ostrich MLM business collapsed.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

Not all network marketing is bad. Both Donald Trump and Robert Kyrosaki (sp?) endorse it as a way of producing a good cashflow. That said, they are not easy to do. You have to like sales, and be realistic that that is what you are doing. It is not for everyone as they claim, and not everyone will make money. But, if you find a good company and a good product, and work it like a business, you can make money.

I'm in a network marketing company now in addition to my own business that I own, and I am enjoying it.

DS

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

Just be sure to stay away from prepaid legal. And in most cases if you read the fine print on your car document =s you will save. i.e- there was a 1400 fee for cleaning the car 600 fee for what basically boiled down to a car mat! told the dealer i didnt need those. and right away saved 2k...

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Just be sure to stay away from prepaid legal.

What's the matter with Prepaid Legal? I have been paying a month premium for a little over a year, but the only reason I took it out was because I have a lot of clients who own it. Four of the companies that I service for their health benefits are offering it to their employees on payroll deduction. I decided to take it out myself in the event that somebody should be unhappy and try to go after me on some technicality.

Prepaid will write letters on my behalf (though I haven't needed it yet), and I can consult them on legal documents. However, about two months ago I called them for an opinion on the meaning of a statement in an insurance contract and got a very unsatisfactory answer which makes me wonder if I'm wasting my money.

I have been asked numerous times to sell the product, but have always declined.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I spent 7 years in Amway. It sent chills down my spine when I started reading material about cults - especially Steve Hassan's material.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit