Know anything about "Team National" - multi-level marketing?

by Bonnie_Clyde 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I have a friend who is quite anxious to get us signed up. It has to do with buying products and services at a discount. Supposedly, a lot of money can be made by getting others involved. I'm skeptical.

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

And you have reason to be... DONT DO IT! These are doomed fot failure because you do not have access to an infinite amount of people to make the money. Your friend needs people below him to move up the chain so that he makes money off the work you will have to do....

please dont do it!

• JeffT
    JeffT

Reminder: I'm an accountant. I've been investigating MLM's for some time for a couple of reasons I won't go into here. Put simply, it is not possible for the people at the top to run an ethical MLM. I am sure that many of the people involved think of themselves as honest hardworking people, but they've been hoodwinked. Put the people that started the thing are crooks, plain and simple. Of course every one of them from every MLM will tell you that their program is different. Don't believe it.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Stay away from multi level marketing schemes. They are a lose lose deal..

• STILLINWANTOUT
    STILLINWANTOUT

THERE ARE ARE A WIN- LOSE BUT YOU WONT BE THE ONE WINNING..

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Many times they are cults - commercial cults. Check out Steve Hassan's website and do as much research as you can.

• Satanus
    Satanus

"a lot of money can be made by getting others involved."

Anything that works on that principle is not cool. Buying or selling real merchandice or services is legit. I was sucked into one of the former, and seen many enough since then to know that most people involved lose.

S

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Thanks for the input everybody. Clyde and I talked about it this morning and have already decided not to do it.

Team National also has a huge start up fee--a little over $2,000. They mentioned that we could save up to $5,000 on a new car which we need. My question: Is that money that could have saved anyway by asking for discounts?

• CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

I just joined an MLM earlier this month. I too have a sour taste left over from other MLM projects I was schmoozed into many years ago. When I joined the one I am in now I didn't care that it was MLM. Not at all. But it was what they are promoting that got my attention. Hemp, and hemp products. Protein, oils, shakes, things like that.

I have been an advocate of hemp ANYTHING for most of my life, and am in favor of legal marijuana for medicinal purposes. To outlaw Hemp is just plain stupid as it is truly the one plant on earth that can feed, clothe and shelter us. Don't get hemp and MJ mixed up. They are not the same. There is no 'drug' element in hemp. And for food, textiles, clothing, fuel, building materials, and such it is extraordinary.

Anyway, I don't want to get into all that here--I just wanted to state the point that whether the company I signed on with (no cost either) is MLM or not, it is the product for which I care about. BTW, I have signed on 77 people since October 4th. I had to stop putting ads out for new recruits. At least for a bit, just to catch up. I made a website and an Amazon aStore for extra to help with the business end. I don't really care how much money can be made, I care about the product. I'll throw out a few more ads later on todayor tomorrow, maybe, --once I decide when I am ready to answer the inquiries. That in itself is a full time job.

MLM, when used properly, is an ideal MLM business structure. But I damn sure don't advocate it for everything.

• moshe
    moshe

I worked at an RV dealership last winter and one of the biggest motorhomes I ever saw belonged to a MLM distributer of MonaVie acai berry juice. The word I got was he got in on the ground floor and thousands of sellers/dealers were under him and he was getting $$ from all of their sales. His motorhome was a big tax write off, as he advertised the juice on it. Sounds like you are not on the ground floor of this MLM deal, you will lose money on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit