why so much?

by getingout 29 Replies latest jw friends

• getingout
    getingout

angry towards Jehovah.

I understand the angry towards the Jehovah's Witnesses. I carry hard feelings towards them and their teachings but, I have been seeing many negative attitudes against Jehoavh himself. What bad or wrong has Jehovah commited?

Comeon people talk to me, I really want to hear how you feel inside.

• badwillie
    badwillie

Who is Jehovah?

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

hi getingout,

some of us here, after discovering the truth about the truth have also discoverd that christianity/god/the bible (take your pick) holds nothing to offer in the way of truth either. you will find all sorts here: christians, pagans, muslims, agnostics, atheists, etc etc. enjoy the various viewpoints, learn and grow. that is what is great about this board :) the diversity

enjoy the journey!
    Harmony

not a RULES girl

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Some people have been badly hurt, and perhaps they never really grasped the difference between God on the one hand and the Org on the other. Even as an elder I always saw the big chasm between our father who is wonderful and the org that is at best , well you know!!

You should not blame Jehovah God for the shortcomings of men who presume to speak in his name

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

getingout,

It's easy for people to blame God for all bad things that happened to them. The anger toward Jehovah is no different and it is because that is the name of God according to the WTS and the JWs. The negative attitude toward Jehovah is because people considers him guilty of association with the group of individuals (the Jehovah's witnesses) that hurt them in the first place.

That's my observation and I'm an outsider.

Ajax

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, first of all, for those who believe that he exists, he has allowed his name and reputation to be used by a dishonest, manipulative group of people. He has allowed emotional and physical abuse, fatal medical doctrine misunderstandings, and numerous other crimes to be committed in his name.

In addition, we can add all of the attrocities that have been committed thoughout the ages. Even though they were performed by others, he did not stop them, even though he had the power. He has sat there as "the fool on the hill". Millions of others were killed in Bible times by his direct command.

Personally, though, since I don't believe that he exists, I really couldn't care less about him - no anger here.

• Erich
    Erich

WTS is using Jehovahs name since 1935.

This has nothing to do with the nature of the Almighty God himself.

He is always sovereign. He is the creator of the universe.

WTS can fail, people can fail. YHVH/JHWH is more than a hand-made (or even trademarked) God.

HIS name means: "I shall be proved". And HE will act.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

btw, just wanted to add, i don't feel i'm angry towards god...and i hope my posts here do not reflect any anger....i don't even believe in god

not a RULES girl

• Valis
    Valis

I think perhaps you are missing many of the points that come up in the forum almost hourly. Consider how most Americans feel about the Taliban and other extremist groups. There is no condemnation of the world of Islam, but a pointed disgust for what people do in the name of thier respective diety. As well, one would also have to believe Jehovah is a living entity and not merely the construct of a bunch of bible thumping freaks who have went way off the deep end and rule with a heavy hand from New York.

• getingout
    getingout

Peaceloveharmony . Will do........ What pretty lady you are :)

BluesBrothers. What you said, does make a lot of sense

AjaxMan. That was deep for a person who is an outsider. You have never studied with witnesses? If yes, how in the hell did you pull that off LOL. What's your secet?

If you have explained that before, forgive me I am new here .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit