Man in Tampa area threatens JW's with gun

by noolite 15 Replies latest jw friends

• noolite
    noolite

First post here, thought I'd start off with a news article from today (I used to live in TPA area, BTW)

Man accused of threatening religious workers

SPRING HILL — Deputies say two Jehovah Witnesses' quest for spreading peace and religion was interrupted by a man who pointed a gun and cursed at them as they approached his home.

Rudolf Hellmold, 52, was charged with aggravated assault after deputies say he pointed a small silver handgun at the two victims while they were going door-to-door, according to a Hernando County Sheriff's Office report.

The report showed that one of the victims told deputies that as they approached the house at 1355 Osowaw Boulevard, Hellmold stood at a window near the front door, displayed a gun and yelled, "You (expletive) Jehovah Witnesses get the (expletive) off my property!"

The two then ran away and called the sheriff's office. They later identified Hellmold from a photo, according to the report.

When confronted by deputies, Hellmold said he pointed his loaded silver Smith and Wesson handgun at the two victims because he was afraid after seeing them approach his home while one of the Jehovah Witnesses reached into a bag. He added they didn't identify themselves.

Hellmold was taken to Hernando County Jail and his bail was set at $14,000.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39918237/ns/local_news-tampa_fl/

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

YES!!!

V665

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Well, the man is a liar.

" Hellmold said he pointed his loaded silver Smith and Wesson handgun at the two victims because he was afraid after seeing them approach his home while one of the Jehovah Witnesses reached into a bag. He added they didn't identify themselves."

(He is very obviously lying in saying that he was "afraid" of them because they "did not identify themselves." He had already determined they were JWs, as exemplified by this quote below.)

"Hellmold stood at a window near the front door, displayed a gun and yelled, "You (expletive) Jehovah Witnesses get the (expletive) off my property!""

Also this only serves to make the JWs feel glorified in their "persecutions". I venture to say they relish these confrontations as adding stars in their crowns.

I am sure all the JWs are discussing that "Hellmold" is a fitting name for this demonized redreck.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

That will just feed their persecution complex. Jesus said his followers would be objects of hatred, yada yada. I've never heard of JW's calling the cops on someone though. Doesn't he have a legal right to show them his gun and tell them to get the hell off his property?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!

Poor idiot. All he had to do is request that we do not knock on his door and we'd proceed to mark it in the territory notes. Easy!

Now the jerk has added up to his police record and will shell out some valuable money in bail. Hurt only himself!

Oh well, it's common history among all that attempt against God's people delivering his message here on earth. Don't you all go doing this stupid move now!

DY

• carla
    carla

All he had to do is request that we do not knock on his door and we'd proceed to mark it in the territory notes. Easy! -- if it only was that easy! jw's do not respect people's wishes to stay off their property. I know from first hand experience and from numerous people who asked them to not come back and they still do. I had some come even after sending a cease & desist letter to NY which was later sent to the local elders. I have family members who asked repeatedly, 'not interested, please do not come back, put me on your do not call list' and still they come. The jw's expect people to respect their rights yet they do not respect anyone elses.

It is quite possible they did not identify themselves and he merely guessed they were jw's. I have had jw's at my door who absolutely refused to admit they were jw's! I had to ask 3 times before they would admit it. This happened every time they came, they would not admit they were jw's until you forced the question.

I remember my jw in our pre-jw life who was upset that some "weirdos" (not jw but ecological message) would go door to door and expect people and especially women home alone to open their door to them, now he's the 'weirdo' going door to door I guess.

• moshe
    moshe

All he had to do was yell at them, " I'm an apostate, I want to talk to you about what happened in 1975!" -

------------and he would have seen the two JWs leave as fast in their car as two polititians fixing our econonmy. or not, he, hehe!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    All he had to do was yell at them, " I'm an apostate, I want to talk to you about what happened in 1975!"

Very true. Much more effective than a gun, and no fine or jail time.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Did you read the comments?

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

He was afraid of a woman reaching into her bag? What an idiot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit