Apparently, I'm not worthy of being saved.

by doublelife 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Cthulhu,

To a loyal JW, EVERYTHING is proof that they're the only ones who have the truth.

Even the false prophecies about Armageddon "prove" to a JW that the GB consists of humble men who are earnestly seeking Jehovah's coming kingdom more than anyone else.

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

Ding,

It is a lovely system of twisted circular logic isn't it?

1. Jehovah's Witnesses have the only true religion, with the blessing of scriptural light interpreted by their Governing Body.

2. The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses has, time and again, been wrong in their interpretations as evidenced by the ever changing interpretations.

3. Jehovah blesses the Governing Body with "new light as the day draws near."

4/1. Jehovah's Witnesses have the only true religion, with the blessing of scriptural light interpreted by their Governing Body.

• Ding
    Ding

It's sad when JWs suppress their doubts about the organization.

It's God's sole channel of communication, the ark of salvation...

No amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.

Many won't even look at the evidence.

Many think, "Satan is trying to get me to doubt. I must endure to the end to be saved. All those meetings I've attended, all that field service I've done. Don't blow it now. Armageddon may come today. Stay faithful to Jehovah's organization."

It would be nice if they had that much faith in Jesus.

Of course, they see it as the same thing.

• funnyface
    funnyface

They were probably the "TWO BY Two's" if they were men. Or the Reidites/.I got into that after the WT
    The woman are the preachers the men go door to door. Women must not cut there hair, no jewerly
    lovely people ...are not able to have TV's but will teach you how to obey the Elders.

Mouthy & dopey ,Used to try & get forgiven any means !!!!LOL NOW I am ME!!!!! I do as I want....

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Doublelife: "Not sure which religion they were, but definitely not jws. They were wearing normal people clothing"

I see you are giving a cultural distinction between "normal" people and JWs so that people can be alert to this difference. Can you please give a little more detail or contrast so I can understand how to recognize a normal vs a JW? I mean, do normals wear lace-up shoes where JWs wear loafers? Please articulate.

• doublelife
    doublelife

funnyface: There were 2 men and 3 women, or maybe I should say young men and young women. They looked like they were around 18 or so.

cameo-d: JWs wear normal people clothes also, except for when they're in the ministry. Then, they weae dress clothes. These people were wearing casual clothes such as jeans. Like I said a few post up in my response to Ding, clothes that you would see kids wearing to high school. JWs don't wear jeans in the ministry. I've seen some men wear khakis, but jeans are definitely not allowed.

• funnyface
    funnyface

Oh no they were NOT the TWO BY TWO's then in JEANS!!!! NEVER!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Doublelife,

It could also be that these people don't have the training and determination that JWs do in reaching everybody in their territory; maybe, I just thought, if they're an elitist type of religion and you look too screwed up (tattoos, piercings, slutty or trashy looking) maybe they'd have thought that they don't want a person like that in their group.

Just some of my thoughts. Ask them next time you see them.

We had a person in the congregation that was homeless at the time he was reached by JWs; he progressed to the point of straightening out his life, rented a place, bought a car, started working, you know, lived a dignified life for a while. Just the other day I heard he started to hang around his old friends and now is back in the drunk homeless life. Sad.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit