In a nutshell, what is the wackiest jw thing?

by stuckinarut2 80 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BU2B
    BU2B

There are many baffling beliefs and practices of JWs that are shared with other groups, so I will try to stick to something that is unique to them.

The fact that JWs have believed for 100 years that they may NEVER DIE is the craziest, most delusional belief! Everything that has ever lived, plant, animal, human, fungus, microbe, EVERYTHING that has ever lived HAS DIED, yet they insist that if you obey a group of men in NYC you will be the exception. It baffles me that I once thought this. They think they will cheat death when nothing ever has. They then build and structure their whole lives from what career to choose, higher education, marriage and children etc around this delusion.

• BU2B
    BU2B
    I also agree with sparrowdown. I reflect on that thought often and shake my head. They believe people like Pol Pot, Jack the Ripper, Ghenghis Kahn, and other monsters from history will be resurrected, yet kids and others will be thrown into the second death because they did not listen to the annoying people peddling magazines on Christmas morning. They believe serial killers deserve another shot, yet the little old lady down the street who is very sweet but "has her own religion" deserves to die a violent death and never be brought back.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    The blood policy. That something that is sacred because it is the 'symbol' of life, can actually be more important than saving a life.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

That Jesus came for 144000 and everyone else should be a JW to be forgiven of their sins.

Also that these same 144000 do NOT need to be Jewish, Male or VIrgins.

The good book says otherwise

• Splash
    Splash

For me it's Rev 20:12 "and scrolls were opened".

Millions of JW's read this verse, then read the WT which says "These NEW scrolls..." so millions of JW's think the Bible says 'new' scrolls.

How can you read something so obviously simple, then instantly misunderstand it?
    The context, the words, the meaning. It's so simple, yet they just can't see it. Blind, totally blind.

Also,

Jesus without a beard was nuts.
    Pictures of a snake with legs (in Eden) was nuts.
    Women being turned into men in the new system was barmy (g30 4/2 p.446)
    The 8 flip-flops as to Mt 24:14 already being fulfilled is insane.
    The 37 different interpretations of who the false apostles are (2Cor 11:13) is mind blowing.
    That bobbed hair leads to baldness - g24 11/19 p.100.
    That babies pacifiers (dummies) give them tonsilitis, and ultra violet rays are healing.
    The 10 different definitions of the F&DS.

Then there was when they said that spirit mediums grew tentacles, and spirits lived among us wearing tweed and drinking whisky but were not able to bleed ("Talking with the Dead" p. 116-126).

Oh yeah, just remembered "overlapping generations"!

When will the madness end?

• Heaven
    Heaven

In my opinion, the wackiest belief is that they are God's Chosen and are the one True Religion.

If you can destroy this foundational belief with a JW, the entire house of cards follows.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

What was written in the article Is it Wrong to Change Your Religion? in the July 2009 Awake page 29 “No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.”

This one was so wrong in so many ways. TRUE HYPOCRISY!!!

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

The blood issue, now they can take blood fractions. Where does blood fractions come from? I would say that cotton fractions come from cotton and wood fractions come from wood. I think if they were sued by relatives that lost a family member that refused to take blood that would be so much bigger than the child abuse cases they're dealing with now.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I would like to say the blood issue or shunning or their non-action/non-reporting of crimes because of the two-witness rule. I would like to say one of those because they have done so much harm to so many victims.

But the greatest harm has come from their ever-changing "generation." All JW's and those who care about JW's are held victim to a group that thinks the end is so ever imminent because of the "generation." For so many Witnesses, the end was coming when "generation" meant one thing. They string those members along now because they don't want to be faithful for so long and then lose faith right as "generation" changes but still may indicate the end is near.

You could also skip using any official definition of "generation" or any doctrine and just say the wackiest JW thing is that they have been and still are a Doomsday Cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Answer = That Jesus Christ returned to earth invisibly, first in 1874 then in 1914.

On no less are their desiginated calculated time scale, not on god's own inherently sacred time.

Something that Jesus himself admonished for anyone to do.

But hey, I understand that its sold literature. so there you have it .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit