Rhodes Scholar?

by Bangalore 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Bump.

Bangalore

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

My law school roommate made the final selection interview for the Rhodes scholarship. She did not pass to being a Rhodes. It is an exhaustive round. Freddie Franz evidently submitted a single application or a faculty member suggested that he apply. Well, I could apply, too. I applied to Harvard Law, but not Yale Law School (Yale has a very different focus than Harvard. It has a small student body, dedicated to scholarship and writing). Applying is easy.

My roommate explained how strenuous and draining the Rhodes process is.

I suppose I could have applied to Harvard Medical School or MIT.

Franz banked on Witnesses not knowing the Rhodes process. I doubt if his seminary classmates were impressed. Heck, said roommate applied for Miss America but she was not Miss America. The American Bar Association has a student division. Her boyfriend and she attended an organizational meeting. Students care about their grades and recreational life. They were the only two who attended so they named themselves president and vice-president. She sent out press releases heralding her new "elected" position. If she had not told me the backstory, I would have been impressed.

Tooting your own horn excessively looks bad. One can pay others or hire a pr consultant to get others to laud your achievements. I suppose Franz did have some academic merit. His merit would stand out more if he did not trash it with lies.

Also, I know people who will sell you the Brooklyn Bridge.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Franz is just another fraudulent false prophet. So fed up as the lies pile up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit