New here..

by breakfree 55 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

snakeface,

As you probably realize by now, it's all about control. The control is based on fear and intimidation. Their judicial methods are held in secret with the usual 3 JC beating up on 1 accused, in order to terrorize the isolated victim. Although they claim that it is scriptural, in Ancient Israel, all trials were to be public... at the city gate. Testimony would be given in public, the accused would be defended, and the judges would be held accountable to public opinion. In the case of Corinthians, Paul spoke openly in the letter about the details of the wrongdoing, which was a public scandal. Teenagers sneaking a kiss is hardly a public scandal and public opinion would tell those judges to leave the kids alone and stop the filthy questioning. But JW JCs don't work that way. The JC is to inspire fear and obedience. The closest thing recorded in the Bible is the secret trial of Jesus... which easily leads us to the conclusion that if Jesus were to appear today and disagree with the JW establishment, they would appoint a JC, have a secret meeting and DF him for apostasy. They'd kill him if they had the authority.

And if I haven't welcomed you already... welcome snakeface!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Whoo Hoo !!!! Welcome to the forum breakfree.

• zarco
    zarco

Breakfree - welcome and thank you for the well written introduction. It will help many others to think through how they/we were raised in the "truth".

All the best,

zarco

• Balsam
    Balsam

Breakfree,

Welcome to the forum, my sons and have been out 9 years now. I know what your talking about when it comes to JC talking to minors. No child should ever be left with a JC without a parent in the room. Their questions to you are just shocking, dumb idiots. I've heard the do that but it is none of the business. I'm glad you've gotten free and your kids are free. I've seen so many teenagers suffer terribly from the actions and behavior of Elders and their parents. It's against the law to kick a kid out of the house before age 18.

Read my profile.

Hugs,

Ruth

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome and kudos to you for choosing your Prince Charming at such a young age!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome breakfree

I wish you all the best,for you and your familysmiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit