New Watchtower Quotes : Feel the Love and Anger and Deception

by brotherdan 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sd-7
    sd-7

So...did anyone notice that Jesus wasn't mentioned at all in these quotes? Where is his role here? How does he feel about these points? If Jesus is out of the picture, who are the real apostates here? Well, not to worry. I'm sure he's in this article somewhere.

-sd-7

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

He is mentioned in the article (same issue) on marriage. They basically say that he watched his daddy perform the first marriage. They sure do tear him down...they make him seem like a weak human.

• Ding
    Ding

Sd-7,

Jesus isn't an active figure in Watchtower theology.

In their view, he left in the first century and only resumed attending to affairs on earth in 1914.

He allegedly chose the WTBTS to be the "faithful and discreet slave" and they have run things from then on.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jesus Christ - The Master Delegator

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

In regards to the name "Jehovah"....I just thought of something.

The Bible says at Acts 4:12 that Jesus name is above every other name and it is only by THIS name that we can be saved. If his name is above EVERY other name...then would that not include the name "Jehovah"?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

12 “And there is salvation in a no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

UNDER heaven Given among men, Jesus is the "name" of our salvation, but not ABOVE the father.

Jesus is our Salavation, it is in HIS name that we are saved and it is to HIM that we are witnesses.

Why? Because He who sees Jesus sees God, for in him dwells the fullness of God, for He is the way and the truth, no one has ever seen God but the Son and in the Son we glimps the love and glory that is Our Father.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I never said Jesus name was above the Father. I personally feel that the divine name in the OT is referring to the Father, the Son, AND the Holy Spirit.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jesus = Jehovah is salvation

Jehovah = causes to become, shall prove to be

Soooo .... Jesus = shall prove to be salvation

The name Jesus glorifies the Father.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Jehovah = causes to become, shall prove to be

Right, or "I AM".

Jesus said that he was the "I AM" at John 8:58.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Don't forget Jesus is also named as Immanuel in Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 8:8, and Matthew 1:23.

This, as most know means, "God with us"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit