Around me swarms the Devil’s crowd
    Like bees that were molested.
    But I can ever beat them off
    Beneath divine protection.
    On those who love to bear his name,
    God sets his deep affection.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

We should have never been singing about a faithful slave in 1984, and we shouldn't be doing it today. For you Catholics out there, do you guys sing songs about the Pope?

• undercover
    undercover

Old lyrics:

shit shit shit

New lyrics:

shit shit shit

eh, I don't see any difference...

• GrandmaJones
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I have no love for the G Body or their songbook, but in the interests of accuracy I think that we need to provide more information about the songs.

Song 51, now 11....used to have 4 verses, now it has only 3. The second verse (May we from your side never move) has been omitted. The words that make up the second verse of song 11 replace the the old verse 3 (Your Slave so faithful and discreet, helps us know what is wise and meet)

Song 174, now 43....has also been reduced from 4 verses to 3, and has been largely re written . Verse 3 has been omitted and now a chorus is sung at the end of each verse. But the quotation is true, as Elder Patrol confirmed above..

Phew ! I now have to play some blues to get these songs out of my head

• Robert7
    Robert7
    Singing about them isn't blatent worship, but it's damn close.

I say on the contrary. I have heard may times in meetings that giving great attention and time to something is a form of idolatry or worship. This was in the case of sports. You spend so much time with watching and keeping up with sports, you are in affect worshipping the teams. I say the same here. You talk SO much about the FDS, every article, every prayer, and now even more songs, it IS worship of the FDS.

• processor
    processor
    Old lyrics:

shit shit shit

New lyrics:

shit shit shit

Not exactly.

Old lyrics: bla bla Bible bla Armageddon bla bla Destruction bla bla Jehovah bla bla Christ bla bla bla

New lyrics: bla bla Watchtower bla Donations bla bla Paradise bla bla Faithful and Discreet Slave bla bla Elders bla bla bla

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

This is one of the things I have mentioned in passing to my question aunt - is that they look to men to lead them. When we visited a church and the songs were being sung - she noticed that it was about looking to christ. *score*

• cheerios
    cheerios

they really should get phoebe buffay to write their songs ... people would like them better

• Ri
    Ri

Well we all know.....Jehovah means Watchtower Governing Body...cause if you leave the WT, you leave Jehovah! So sad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit