ELDERS want to meet with me?

by Smoky 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

"No thanks, I'm good right now. I'll let you know if I need anything. Have a nice day."

• antes8080
    antes8080

yeah dont talk to them... tell them you will give them a call when the GT comes

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "No thanks, I'm good right now. I'll let you know if I need anything. Have a nice day."

This is a great option, because if they start insisting you might have reason to be worried.

-Sab

• Smoky
    Smoky

Thank you all

I dont have any plans on going back. I would like to remain in "Faded" status, because of family. I dont know what my family would do if i where disfelloshipped. Im basically worried about the relationship I will or will not have, with my nieces and nephews. As zealous as my Brothers and sisters are...i think they would cut me off from them....that would definetly be devastating to me.

OTWO said: In other words, if I met with them, it shows that I will still answer to them. That means they have an obligation toward me- either get me in or get me out. If I don't meet with them, then they have no such obligation.

You got balls man, and When im ready to grow a pair...ill take a more of a stand for myself.

For now I think i will meet with the elder (to score point with parents). I will be careful and Lie, Lie, Lie when i have to....dont care.

I dont believe they have anything on me. I smoke da weed, (im sick..wink..wink), not the Tobacco. Im not in any serious relationship with Non-JW, or have SINNED of the disfellowship variety. I have a beard...but i can defend it, know problem.

Regarding the question: "Do you believe this is Jehovah's Organization?". or, "Do you still feel you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses?"

its a tough one, i think i can satisfy there question, with answering: "Jehovah is the only god I have knowed and followed...Do I believe in Allah, or any other false god?...NO, of course not.

Anyone else have a better answer?

Smoky

Smoke'em if you Got'em

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

Most likely, the elders are just trying to be conscientious. About annually, the circuit overseer asks the elders if they maintain a list of inactive people in the territory, and he may want to know for sure that the elders are making some effort with each. The idea is that elders are already obliged to check in with disfellowshipped folks every year, why not also inactive folks?

Even disfellowshipped ones may be in need of comfort if they have repented and corrected their wrong course. Thus, “the faithful and discreet slave” has instituted a merciful provision to assist them. Once a year two elders may visit certain disfellowshipped ones. These may no longer show a rebellious attitude or be engaged in gross sin and may need help to take the necessary steps to get reinstated.—Matthew 24:45; Ezekiel 34:16. (Watchtower, 1996-11-01)

You probably know that an inactive JW "sinner" is unlikely to be disfellowshipped if he doesn't associate with JWs. Very occasionally, zealous elders (wrongheaded elders, in my opinion) have claimed that the shepherding call the elders themselves initiated constitutes that "association". That's NOT a scheme the CO or branch encourages.

• joylynn
    joylynn

I think the answer to the question is Yes to both they are trying to reactivate you and find a reason to disfellowship you (or whatever they call it these days. same difference.) seen it before.

• snakeface
    snakeface

I agree with joylynn. They might want some kind of "closure" one way of the other.

• undercover
    undercover
    You specifically need to avoid the question, "Do you believe this is Jehovah's Organization?". You also need to be careful if they try to put you in a corner by asking, "Do you still feel you are one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" What they may be doing is trying to lead you into a line of conversation where you will disassociate yourself by word.

If these questions arise, then they aren't there just on a sheparding call or to encourage you. Something's up.

From my experience, it'll be pretty obvious early on what their intent is. If they're really just wanting to encourage you or help (their definition, anyway) then they'll be friendly and easy going. If they're there for more serious business, even if they don't bring it up quickly, their demeanor will be serious enough to give you a warning.

You have to be prepared for either scenerio. If they're just going through the motions, it's easy enough to have a friendly little visit and off they'll go. If they're fishing around, avoid answering any questions and usher them out as quickly as possible.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I'm with Undercover - you should be able to tell from the tone of the conversation what their true intent is.

Just my opinion - but if it has been five years, what is the point of letting them have this meeting in the first place?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

^^^ this

Or if you really feel you ought to accept, insist that the meeting is with just ONE elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit