How I know JW's have the truth

by Honesty 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Nathan, they were only 100 years off! Don't you know?!? 1975 was the correct date! You murmerers on this site sicken me. Why can't you see that they are the ONE true religion?!? You're all sick!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Do you not recall that Jesus, in prophesying of this period of the last days which commenced in 1914, also said: “Truly I say to you, This generation will by no means pass away until all things occur”? (Luke 21:32) People who were only just old enough to understand what was happening to the world in 1914 are now approaching seventy years of age. Yes, the numbers of that generation are dwindling fast, but before they all pass away this system must meet its end in the war of Armageddon. Surely this highlights what a very short time now remains to return to Jehovah.

- The WATCHTOWER, July 1, 1969, page 395, "Return to Jehovah While There Is Yet Time"

This article might also have been titled, "Why are you looking forward to 1984?"

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Besides, did not Jesus say that this generation will not pass away until all things are fulfilled? A generation, according to Psalm 90:10, is from seventy to eighty years. The generation that witnessed the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 does not have many more years left.—Luke 21:24, 32-36.

- The WATCHTOWER, December 1, 1968, page 715, "Putting First the Preaching of the Good News"

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

One thing that has to be acknowledged is there are many Christian based organizations proclaiming they are the true worshipers of god

guided by his solemn holy spirit.

Each individual one has organized their own self supporting propaganda, which includes separately degrading other organizations with

a pointing finger. In reality the spirit of contrived illusions is everywhere in the religious world.

One difference that separates the WTS./JWS illusion from the others is they have turned the preaching of the gospel into a commercialized venture

full of commercial hype and controlling exploitation.

Unfortunately 7 million people around the globe are mentally entrapped into vehicle of illusion.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The Harp of God is a treasure trove.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I showed up unexpectantly at a 'Bible' Study with the Harp of God a couple of years ago.

The elder conducting the Study and I used to be very good friends.

He went ballistic when he saw that book in my hand and started screaming, "You apostate." and ran out of the house.

I am happy to announce that the 'Bible' Study refused to have anything to do with the JW's after that scene.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

My mother proved to herself that JW's have the truth.

My brother was dying from leukemia and the doctor she took him to every week always gave Mom a hard time and made her wait for hours in the waiting room, according to Mom. She said the doctor did this because she was a JW and wouldn't sign off on blood. (Dad did, though.) But Mom prayed about it near his death and asked Jehovah to end this. Mom said the doctor saw them right away when she said "amen" and she never waited again (in the short few weeks after that).

Then Mom prayed for some resolution to whatever was wrong with her marriage (which was falling apart once she became a JW but held together until my brother passed away). That same week (she didn't say same day), Dad confessed to cheating and she was off the hook, it wasn't anything she was doing. (...ignoring the fact that he lost her to the JW's and then he started cheating- still his fault, but ignoring "anything she was doing" as a possibility.)

• Sayswho
    Sayswho

Thanks Honesty...Interestingly in that May 1, 1997 --- Questions to consider at the end were...

• Can You Explain?
      1) How does Jehovah identify his true messengers?
    • Answer

"He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers."

How many have come true for us through the GB?

(Study Questions)

• How does Jehovah identify the right kind of messengers, and how does he expose the false?
    • Answer

BY their words coming true!!!

• Do we see a pattern here? (I'm just saying)

Sw

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Nathan Natas: "

"A truth presented by Satan himself is just as true as a truth stated by God."

- Zion's Watch Tower Reprints, July 1879, page 8

Huh? Come again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit