The Holy Spirit is a Big Scared Sissy…

by Yan Bibiyan 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I know you are trying to make a point, Yan, but PLEASE be careful. Remember that insults to the Holy Spirit are worse than insults to the Father or Jesus.

Matthew 12:31,32
    31Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven.

32 “Whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

JWs, whose teachings on the subject are relayed here, should be careful, I agree.

As to me, I am just the messenger with a more colorful language...

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The Holy Spirit goes where he is welcome, as burn the ships brought out. It's not a fallacy. It is a clear biblical teaching. God does not come to you unless you want Him to and you come to Him. If He is not wanted, then He will stay away. Why would He help you then?

However, the Holy Spirit DOES safeguard you from evil. He is not "afraid" of Satan, the demons, or mere humans. Because He chooses NOT to help you, that does not indicate fear. It indicates your lack of faith.

For example, when the disciples of Jesus could not drive out a demon, what was the problem? Notice the account at Matthew 17:19-21: Then the disciples came to Jesus in private and asked, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I am not talking about REJECTION. I am saying that according to JWs, the HS would not go near any bad spirits, whether you realize they are there or not. Humans lack the perceptive powers to recognize that the book they just bought is housing a squatter ghost and the least HS should be able to do is scare the ghost away, not turn around and run for cover...

Ah, I see. My mistake. I do not buy into the JW view.

BTS

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The Holy Spirit goes where he is welcome, as burn the ships brought out. It's not a fallacy. It is a clear biblical teaching. God does not come to you unless you want Him to and you come to Him. If He is not wanted, then He will stay away. Why would He help you then?
    However, the Holy Spirit DOES safeguard you from evil. He is not "afraid" of Satan, the demons, or mere humans. Because He chooses NOT to help you, that does not indicate fear. It indicates your lack of faith.

QUite correct on all accounts.

Remember, when armed with the HS Jesus's followers cast out demons and even Satan himself will flee if a believer resists him with the HS.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You guys talk about these stories as if they were literally true or something.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    You guys talk about these stories as if they were literally true or something.

Mommy !! the bad man said mean things !!!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You don't believe in exorcisms, Mad?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Have you read The Exorcist, by William Peter Blatty? (great book, btw)

I'm kind of like Father Karras right now. I know stuff happens and did happen in the past but prefer that all scientific psychological explanations are explored and debunked before even considering the supernatural option.

I believe that even the things people call supernatural are really natural, if that makes sense.

So do I believe in exorcisms? I have never known anyone or anything to be actually possessed by a living and conscious "other" life form, nor have I seen any credible reports of such events occuring. What possible reason, then, would I have for believing in them?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit