Nostalgia

by d 18 Replies latest jw friends

• four candles
    four candles

I remeber the original Scooby Doo cartoons,as well as Shazam...anyone remember that??? About the genie with a ring that fitted together and became any animal he said!!!

For those of us in the UK,Tiswas was required saturday morning viewing....forget field service!!!!!

• Twitch
    Twitch

Shaggy!!

BTW, a moment of virtual silence in memorium of Mel Blanc, plz

• zoiks
    zoiks

I loved Ren & Stimpy!

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I loved Ren & Stimpy!

LOL so did my husband!! (groan)

• poppers
    poppers

As for me, you can't beat the old Looney Tunes.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

I liked Rocky and Bullwinkle. Jay Ward put a lot of thought into his work, there was more to it than the slapstick humor.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Good ol Bugs and Daffy !

I heard they were gonna be returning to one of the cartoon channels this fall, have yet to find them though.

And TVLand isn't what it used to be either, they need to return to their original format of strictly old black and white reruns, they feature two shows now in which the stars of those shows are also featured in my High School yearbook, so to me their shows these days aren't what I consider to be nostalgic enough.

• Scully
    Scully

nothing beats Michigan J Frog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1vH2rjUshk

• trebor
    trebor

Before cable become widespread, and all you had were channels 2-13...Saturday mornings on channels 2 (CBS), 4 (NBC), 7 (ABC) = Saturday Morning cartoons.

During the week it was channels 5 (WNYW, Now "Fox") and 11 (WPIX, Now "WB") for after school cartoons.

Those were the best (times) for me. Late 70's and 80's child...And still one...At heart.

-trebor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit