Nostalgia

by d 18 Replies latest jw friends

• d
    d

Does anybody here feel nostalgic for old tv and cartoons.It seems that with time televsion has gone down hill.I rember cartoons of the 90's and I see what is on tv now and I just lose interest, does anybody feel like that at times? I know I do.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It is worse than that, even - some of us miss cartoons and TV shows from the 1960s and 1970s as well.

• undercover
    undercover
    I rember cartoons of the 90's and I see what is on tv now and I just lose interest, does anybody feel like that at times?

Yea, they don't make em like Beavis and Butthead anymore...

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly
    Yea, they don't make em like Beavis and Butthead anymore...

Or Ren and Stimpy?

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Actually, I heard that Mike Judge was coming out with some new Beavis and Butthead episodes

• badcompany
    badcompany

I heard that too. Can't wait! I've gotten rid of my satellite dish and just have cable for internet. I'm pure historical TV when I do bother to watch (except NFL which you can get live HD for free on the internet). I don't see the point in DirectTV anymore...800 channels and nothing on. Hulu has it all.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Reboot was a pretty good 90's "toon"

I remember the 70's had two toons on TV, Tarzan Lord of the Apes and Flash Gordon. I recall enjoying them in part b/c the animation was high quality with attention to detail and little of the cheating or repeating of backgrounds. They blew any other TV cartoon away in terms of production value. Of course, I was a nerdy lil guy,...;)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that...and then I think about the crap that was on tv in the old days too. There ARE some good shows on tv today. I LOVE modern family right now. And Outsourced is really funny. Also, I'm really into The Event.

But I do have a TON of old shows that bring back memories. The good thing is that you can either watch tvland or get the dvds.

Family Ties will always give me MAD memories. That and MASH were my dads favorite shows.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be.

Farkel

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

ROFL, I feel OLD!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit