A site that agrees with 607 BCE

by wannabefree 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

While doing research this morning, I came across the following website ...

http://www.abc-of-christianity.com/info/740-607-judah.asp

I can't see a religious affiliation, although I am inclined to think a possible Adventist connection.

I could not find a referral to it here, just wondering if anybody has any info on this. I thought JW's were the only ones who held to the 607 date.

• pirata
    pirata

Interesting. I sent them an email asking if they have any further information on how they calculate the 607 date.

• UN plugged
    UN plugged

I sent them an e-mail as well inquiring about it. I'll update when I receive a response.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

my mother claims beyond a doubt that she learned the date 607 in school history?!

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

Sidepoint:

I love this point from that website.

http://www.abc-of-christianity.com/info/bible-is-unique.asp

God has not made his Bible a book that is easy to read. The Bible is a book that should be studied, not a novel that people can just read and enjoy without great effort. It is obvious that God has not wanted to make it easy for people to understand His thoughts and intentions. If people really want to benefit from the wisdom and the knowledge that the Bible offers, a great effort and many hours of studying are required from them. But these do not go unrewarded. The Bible provides access to a source of knowledge and insight that surpasses all ordinary human knowledge and insight and is in fact perfect and limitless. God knows and understands everything that is to be known and understood. In His Bible, He presents all knowledge and insight that human beings need in their daily lives.

I would think that "god" would want to give us clear, and easy to understand, instructions on what he wants from us.

elder-schmelder

• james_woods
    james_woods
    God knows and understands everything that is to be known and understood. In His Bible, He presents all knowledge and insight that human beings need in their daily lives.

Unless, of course, you need to recharge the gas in your air-conditioner in your "daily life".

• just n from bethel
    just n from bethel

This guy is funny - he's a Witness who is not proud to call himself that, or a Robert King type.

here's a quote from his site: "

God's covenant with King David and the good news: the new covenant
    Everybody who is convinced of the redeeming effect of the new covenant and who is prepared to assume the attitude towards JHWH that He demands for a place in His eternal Kingdom can make use of it. There are two groups of people who can profit by the new covenant

Hundreds or perhaps thousands of millions of people will get a resurrection from the dead and will qualify to get a new physical body with which they will be able to live a perfect life in perfect circumstances for ever and ever on the paradise-earth that is part of God's Kingdom and that God has always wanted."

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You can find a site that will agree with pretty much anything...

Here is a site that claims that the governement is using electromagnetic signals to control all of our minds!

http://home.roaddawgz.org/stories/view_article.html?article_id=33f7263aab030a29292906be9f5073a4&this_category_id=203

People will believe anything. But you know, even IF they were right about the 607 date...they are not right about the 1914 date. They are what I like to call..."mentally retarded".

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The 'abc-of-christianity' site screams 'Jehovah's Witness' even if the author is too shy to openly declare his affiliation.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

AnnOMaly: I agree, the similarities are many. However, no mention is made of The New World Translation ... while the 144,000 are spoken of, he says that the resurrection has not yet begun ... the angel Michael is mentioned but is not associated with Jesus

Weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit