"out the mouth of babes " my six year olds opinion of shunning !

by looloo 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• looloo
    looloo

walking back from town today we saw two old ladys and i said "good morning" my child said " are those ladys the ones in that religion that come and talk to you about something but i dont know what ?" i said they were not but she started to ask about grandma again(jw grandma that has not visited for 18 months , her disfellowshipped dads mother .) it was quite difficult to answer some of her questions and i told her daddy and i dont want to be in the religion because they dont let you see your family who leave the religion (amongst other reasons ! ) she said "do you know what i think ?" isaid "no, why dont you tell me " she replied " i think it was people who just made that up and not god because i dont think he would do something such a nuisance !" (i think she meant nonsense not nuisance !) bless her ! wish i could have taped her for grandma ! she also said" if your in that religion when im a grown up and cant come to see me , i will still come to see you " now thats a tricky one ! i replied that nothing would ever stop me coming to see her so not to worry about it !

• Evidently Apostate
    Evidently Apostate

good for her! god gave her an open mind, its man that corrupts it.

• bohm
    bohm

its so obviously a wrong practise it takes a trained adult to miss it!

• looloo
    looloo

lol , that was her unbiased opinion and with no "brainwashing " in reverse from me either totally objective ! didnt even blame grandparents !

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

"if your in that religion when im a grown up and cant come to see me , i will still come to see you "

That must have brought tears to your eyes. How could we ever have been in a religion that made children worry about that sort of thing?

• looloo
    looloo

it was quite moving yes ! she is very christian despite not being jw !!!!!

• cult classic
    cult classic

That's love at its best

• goldensky
    goldensky

Aaww! How very sweet...!

• Joshinaz
    Joshinaz

Bravo for her! The great thing about little kids is they speak the truth.

• mamalove
    mamalove

Very sweet indeed! Sounds like my DD too! They get it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit