Birthdays - most logical explanation...

by bottleofwater 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Can someone explain step by step why birthdays don't contradict the Bible.. refuting the WTS' evidence, including the terms explaining the account of birthdays in the book of Job not referring to birthdays according to the WTS' explanation?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Can someone explain step by step why birthdays don't contradict the Bible..

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

I think the question is how we disprove what the WTS says about the evil of birthdays.

You won't find a passage in the Bible that says not to celebrate birthdays.

The Bible does not say that Job's children were killed because they celebrated birthdays.

In fact, Romans 14:5-6 says regarding the celebrating or not celebrating of various days: "One man considers one day more sacred than another; another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who regards one day as special, does so to the Lord..."

Just because some bad things happened on some birthdays in the Bible doesn't mean God disapproves of people celebrating birthdays any more than the fact that terrorists' successful killings of 3,000 people on September 11, 2001 means that God disapproves of people riding in airplanes or entering working in skyscrapers.

Speaking of which, I'm surprised the Watchtower doesn't claim that the Genesis 11 account of the Tower of Babel means that skyscrapers are evil and that JWs must avoid them in order not to be joining in Nimrod's sin.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

There are lots of threads about birthdays on here.

I like one by Blue Canary : 10 reasons why we should celebrate birthdays.

Search for her profile and then search topics started by her. It will be in there.

• White Dove
    White Dove

How timely! I told my mom, dad, and gramma that my daughter, Egg took me out and spoiled me a couple of nights ago. They said, "Oh, how nice! Bet she liked it."

Surprised me and her.

My gramma was an elder's wife, too.

• Ding
    Ding

Did you tell her it was a BIRTHDAY treat?

• moshe
    moshe

Jews celebrate birthdays. Are you telling the Jews they don't know how to interpret their book? Guess what, they also accept blood transfusions. Maybe they know that a blood transfusion does not equal eating blood, either.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

But as to blood transfusions, isn't there like a verse somewhere that makes mention that blood is holy?

If you consider that as a principle, then no blood transfusion is just a result of that principle.

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

At least that's what I learned in Pioneer School (it ended one week before I did something that got me disfellowshipped last week).

• OnTheWayOut

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit