Archaeology vs WBTS ( who build the pyramids?)

by bj 16 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

one last thought on this is that the new findings of hieroglyphs they discussed showed that the pyramid builders were human beings .they recently found the burial place of the pharoes laborers which then showed them pulling the rocks on a sled while soaking the ground in front .they were claiming the moist ground made the giant sled the stone was on slide easier through the rock quarry.IT is apparently possible according to some scientists that by using levers they could lift the stones .It was a very interesting show .you should check it out .NO I don't accept theories on ufo's I have no belief in them whatsoever,rem.no little green men from outerspace for me .

• rem
    rem

Heathen,

I'm just trying to figure out which scenario is more fantastic: Aliens from outer space helping build the pyramids, or the Red Sea being parted by a miracle to provide escape for the Israelites. To me, both scenarios seem to be equally implausible. I figure if you are willing to believe in the latter, then you should have no problem accepting the former.

rem

"We all do no end of feeling, and we mistake it for thinking." - Mark Twain
  • heathen
    heathen

personally I do have a problem with the belief of aliens flying space ships .I do not adhere to religion but to me the likely hood of there being a creater is far more plausible.Even Einstein excepted the possibillity of a God.The thing that gets me is the fact that most of the so called evidence supporting the ufo phenomena is falsified,In fact there is no solid evidence to support the concept.
    I do enjoy science fiction so I will say they do exist in the imagination of the entertainment industry.I also believe that there are alot of people doing alot of hard halucinagenic drugs .

• CPiolo
    CPiolo

Since most biblical scholars (based upon acheological evidence - the records of Egyptian scribes and the lack of any physical evidence in the desert of a wandering people) doubt the veracity of the Israelite captivity, the subsequent Exodus, the wandering in the desert for 40 years, etc. as historical events, but instead view them as mytholigical events, it's highly unlikely that the Jews were even in Egypt, let alone constructed the pyramids.

CPiolo

• compton
    compton

Please read the book by Pyazzi Smyth Astronomer Royal for Scotland, it contains a lot of actual information
    about the great pyramid who it was built by and how long it took, covered 40 acres. just the great the pyramid of cheops
    many actual measurments and shows who ever built it had acurate knowledge of maths and measurments
    of earth.

• compton
    compton

let me make a correction on what I .stated. this was the way Piazzi Smythe is spelt,
    also the pyramids cover thirteen acres,not forty.He spent months Egypt taking measurments
    but the Pyramids were aparrently built using the ancient Cubit ( the length taken from the elbow
    to the fore finger, approx 18 inches), so he took measurments using inches and feet and turning
    it into cubits by dividing his results by 18". .Russell was really carried away with his work. as you will
    find a pyramid on his tomb. Apparently Piazzi came accross some extroadinary results.
    1. Facing true North
    2. Circumference of the earth.
    3. Distance from the Earth from the Sun
    and so on thats why Rusell thought it was from divine origin and began investigating from a scriptural
    point of view.
    then he came up with good answers.
    built by Cheops., no Egyptian hieroglypics found except on the reverse side of one of the stones
    supporting the kings chamber, built under the direction of KING Melkisedek,
    The cheops Pryamid is the original and all the rest are copies like the snakes that Moses staff ate up
    that the magicans had made when he was before Pharoe.
    All this is really best left untouched because it cant't be prooven and in time we wiil know.as the
    Paul said test the spirits to see whose side they are on!

• chasson
    chasson
    many actual measurments

His measurments were false for some of them and corrected by his assistant's son in the last end of nineteenth century, the Morton's brother, Bible's student found differents measurments too...

Some of speculation of Piazzi Smyth were very criticable particularly this two one:

2. Circumference of the earth.
    3. Distance from the Earth from the Sun
    The Egyptian's measure was found before Smyth by Isaac Newtown and was true, Smyth and his followers didn't care about it and have invented a new measurment that Russell used too.

Bye

Charles

Bye

Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit