Why A Watchtower College Would Make Sense - Now

by metatron 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Gayle
    Gayle

They couldn't create a college now after denying so many from scholarship/grants in the past. Just one of many corners they have painted themselves into.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    They couldn't create a college now after denying so many from scholarship/grants in the past. Just one of many corners they have painted themselves into.

Kind of like allowing blood transfusions after so many have died from the lack.

I heard from an insider a few years ago that it is the WTS lawyers who stand in the way of the GB just dumping the blood issue. The potential lawsuits from grieving families would kill the cult financially.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I can picture it now. JWU

JWU

• baltar447
    baltar447

BizzyBee, if that is indeed true that attorneys dictate "truth", then it's all a sham.

It would be very interesting if there was a whistleblower that could share facts regarding WT lawyers preventing the WTBS from dropping the blood issue.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

That idea is so reasonable there is no way in Hell that the WTB&TS would do it. An "(barely) "educated," affluent base? Who do you think they are - MORMONS?

It might become a financial black hole for them unless they got the contracts signed in blood, from which they could extract and sell the various components.

In fact, if they wantred to change their image to something more mainstream, they could start a WT Approved Blood FRACTION Bank to which all publisher would be required to contribute. Maybe one pint would equal 5 hours of Field Circus.

• agonus
    agonus

"IF" it's attorneys that dictate truth?

Have you SEEN the paperwork re: blood/DPAs dubs are expected to fill out and actually comprehend?

Does that shit look like a THEOLOGIAN wrote it... or a LAWYER?!

• agonus
    agonus

Besides, when was the last time you can remember where the WT actually DID something that made a lick of sense?

• I quit!
    I quit!

I like Gayle's analogy and agree with it. They have no plan "B". And why would they? They are an end times cult. Everything they have done to this point has been base on the world ending. For generations a main part of the Watchtower's mantra has been that getting an education was a waste of time. It woud be hard if not impossible for them to make the transition into becoming a more mainstream religion and do something normal like build a University. There may have been a time when this was possible but by now too much time has passed and too many mistakes have been made. Lots of religious goups have dumb ideas. The problem with the Watchtower's dumb ideas is that their dumb ideas do a lot of harm to those who follow their advice. Doing compete reversals on issues like blood and education would cause a lot of those who have been hurt by these policys to leave.

They have dug themselves into a very deep hole that there is little chance they will ever be able get out of and even now their only plan seems to be to just keep right on digging.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

METATRON,

I have said the same thing myself in the past. But, as sensible as it sounds, I do not see the religion doing it: it would be an admission that they have been wrong and that will never do. It would open a can of worms. Also, it raises the questions as to who they would staff this school with. Teachers from where? The world? Then they would be admitting that worldly education is superior (which, of course, it is). If they used teachers from their own religion - what credentials would they have? You also have to remember that schools need to be accredited - or else they would just be little better than a diploma mill, etc. This is all a nice idea though but I doubt they would ever do it.

GAYLE,

I like your post and the analogy. It brings to mind a phrase I remembered some witty JWs would use when talking about getting involved with this 'system of things'. They likened it to "polishing the rails of the Titanic" (a sinking ship). Well....what about THEIR sinking ship? Their happy ocean liner sailing to the new system?

Well, I am one of those people who 'jumped ship' and got in my little boat and sailed away.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

The students would study themselves right out of the religion..

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit