"Birthdays rob the glory of God"

by sabastious 202 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I have never hankered after the greed and over-indulgence of these feastdays.....debator/Reniaa

It`s obvious debator /Reniaa..

Associates with very Depraved People..

................................. ...OUTLAW

• debator
    debator

Hi gladiator

They are Pagan celebrations whatever happens on them for the good or ill is simply not regulated by morality from the Bible and this shows.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Lying Debater says -

I have never hankered after the greed and over-indulgence of these feastdays.

The innocence of youth is soon lost in the excesses of later years with these celebrations.

Yes people who have celebrated birthdays in their youth all turned out to be immoral corrupt liars.

Birthdays are an over indulgence of wanted greed and self worship.

Children's birthday parties are the foundational stepping stones to immoral corruption.

Thank you social behavior psychologist Debator you truly are a beacon of spiritual light to behold !

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

People can have fun parties for many different reasons.
    The point of birthdays and X-mas is they are Pagan and nothing to do with honouring God......debator/Reniaa

So..The Parties you go to,Honour God?..

LOL!!..

What are these "God Honouring Parties" called?..

And..

What do you do,to Honour God at your Parties?..

Or..

Do you just make stupid shit up and hope people will believe you?..

LOL!!!!!!..

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Individualistic personal birthday celebrations have no connection with devoted spiritual worship as it once was in ancient times.

Just as the names of the days and months are of pagan origin, there is no identifiable spiritual connection used today.

This self created no personal birthday celebrations was just another of the wrongly concocted laws/commandments handed down on to

to the disingenuously devised WTS. Hierarchal seers.

• designs
    designs

Debator-

I thought of my grandson and chose a gift , actually 3, with him in mind and his playmates. We also give him gifts throughout the year and are setting things up for his future (college fund, and his future family through Trusts).

Birthdays are emphasized because of the special moment their coming into this world signifies. Even though our kids are adults in their late 20's we have them over on their birthday and go through the family albums together. All of the photos are special from ones with my wife pregnant to the birth room and all of the baby pictures.

Even when we were Witnesses we had these special birthday celebrations together, just privately. Now its out in the open! Hurray!!!

You might enjoy reading Joseph Campbell's The Power Of Myth.

• The Finger
    The Finger

There are lots of JW's who have a gift day or some such day. I started having them ended up having two a year one near Christmas. One year a MS servant got a bag of toys together for as many of the kids as he could think of in the congregation. It was real nice of him. It seems pathetic the reasons to resort to having these type of days. My father said we would have presents around the time of the assembly, I think he managed a year then didn't want us to be materialistic. As I always told people who asked we celebrated the death of Christ. "So you get presents then?" they would say. "No we have a talk the same every year and get really bored with it and go home to wait it out until bedtime lest we do something awful like watch TV. It's a solemn occasion, but we enjoy it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Christmas sucks for JW Kids..

Everyone is enjoying the holidays except you and your Nutcase JW Family..

Just looking like you might want to join in,would get you in trouble..

Birthdays were the same..You were born?..So what!..

Nobody cares!..Now Shut the F*ck Up!..

• designs
    designs

Outlaw- did you ever go out in Service on Christmas Day because you had the Circuit Overseer's visit.......oh gawd it was the worse!

• debator
    debator

Hi designs

I could take any Sacred day from any religion and try make it over to Jehovah or his son but it doesn't lessen what it is or how others use it.

Making the Golden calf over to Jehovah did not make it pure or acceptable.

These are the sacred celebrations of the pagan world that are considered sacred/special by the world. You say "special" yourself. Ask yourself why you consider them so "special" when they are simply a family gathering on an annual date. So "special" you had to do them secretly.

If the actual date of our birth is so important why isn't one single date of birth put in the Bible?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit