A Lengthy Introduction

by Bitch on Parade 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

Welcome, BOP!

Sounds like you've had to put up with a lot of unneccessary bullcrap from your mum. I'm sorry for what you've gone through, but it actually probably did you a lot of favours. Your sisters have seen all the craziness coming from your mum, and not you. They obviously know the score, and are making the right decisions for themselves. Keep in close contact with your sisters, and before you know it, they'll be safe too.

Best of luck with your move, and happiness with your new life

x

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello Lauren and welcome to the gang on here....your story made me sad you shouldnt have had to go through all that. I suggest you keep posting and chatting here, you will find mostly lovely people with sound advice and support and this will help you to make balanced decisions as you change your life. Big hugs.

Loz x

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

Scully and wasblind: You think I'd really have a case? The reactions I've gotten from guidance counselers and teachers has been "well she's your mom, so you have to put up with her, lol." Other than one nice and sympathetic nurse, the people at the mental hospital thought I was lying, one guy actually laughed at me. When I told my mom I was going to call CPS, she just laughed at me and said go ahead. This was over two years ago, and I just dropped it.

Oldlightnewshite: For a while I was very scared that my mother was turning my sisters against me. But they eventually saw her craziness for what it was and started backing me up and confronting my mom. After a while, she developed this new rule where if she was yelling at and berating one of us, none of the others were allowed to comment, or as she put it "butt in and interfere with my discipline." I hope that as twins my sisters can help eachother out of the house, and if they can't get out and me and my boyfriend are still together and in the position to help them out we can. But it seems like she's really doing a lot of damage to them. One of my sisters has started homeschooling because she's sick of making connections with friends at school, only for them to go nowhere because of the "bad association" thing.

And thanks, so far it looks like the move is going to go great.

Lozhasleft: Thank you. I'm glad to find so many sympathetic ears (eyes?) here, and I'm definitely going to stick around. When I realized that starting out a real social life terrified rather than exited me, I started coming to terms with the fact that I've been pretty damaged from my mother's actions, and realizing that I need a little support from people who've gone through similar situations.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Lauren, and welcome to our little clubhouse!

One thing that I found helpful in overcoming my social dysphoria was imitating the behavior of people who projected the kind of confidence I admired. In neuro-linguistic programming this is called "modelling." Other folks have described it as "fake it 'til you make it." It works.

Because you are still quite young I would strongly urge you not to make any life-long commitments (i.e., marriage) with your boyfriend until you've gotten to know him much more fully. Hopefully he will be the kind of caring responsible man that you deserve. The world has badness in it, as you have already seen, but it also has much to bring you joy and happiness.

There is a saying; "It's never too late to live happily ever after." Many here who are several times your age have found this to be true. Certainly this is true for you.

Keep in touch, please.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome. Love the name.

I hope your plans go well. Either way, we'll always lend a sympathetic ear and advice, solicited or not!

x

• Bitch on Parade
    Bitch on Parade

Nathan Natas: You know, along with talking about her outgoing friend, my mom said the same exact thing about "modeling." I told her that sounded stupid, haha, maybe I should try it.

We are definitely not planning on getting married, just because it's not something we see as important to a relationship. He's only brought it up when he realized how dangerous the blood issue was and was concerned that he would be helpless in medical emergency since he wouldn't be considered next of kin, my mother would. So far he's been great to me, pulling me out of my shell and helping with my social issues as best he can, boosting my self-esteem, buying me a phone and service when my mother made it impossible to keep in touch, and right now getting a house ready for us.

I'll definitely be keeping in touch here.

Mickey Mouse: Thank you very much.

EDIT: I've used up all of my posts for today, so get back to anyone posting tomorrow.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Sweetheart,

It looks to me that the counselors at your school don't take mental

abuse serious, when it is just as bad a physical. It looks like your

gonna have to prove the things you claim. Why don't you go through some of

Lady Lee's post on freeminds tonight and read through some things. you

may find something there that could lead you in the right direction. Her post

are very helpful to me

• cult classic
    cult classic

I know you're in a tough spot. Try to get as much info as you can about your boyfriend and his family. Make sure you have a life of your own before you make a serious committment. There are many people out there who can assist you in overcoming your shyness. Take some classes if you can. Not just academics but hobbies or other things you're interested in exploring is a great way to broaden your world experience.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey sweetheart,

here's a taste of what LL has, go on over there , I'm you'll find somthin' that'll fit ya

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/children-growing-up-in-the-watchtower-society.html

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Welcome BOP and thanks for sharing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit