Physical Appearance since leaving the JW's

by jolly_green_giant 19 Replies latest jw friends

• jolly_green_giant
    jolly_green_giant

I was never baptised when i attended the kingdom hall so i went to the meetings with sholder length hair (with my jw parents). One time I had been approached by the elders concerning this matter. They asked me if i planned to cut my hair and progress in the truth and get baptised. I cant remeber what i said in reply really.

Just wondering what changes if any, you Baptised ones made to your physical appearance since leaving the JW's. tattoos? piercings? wild hair do's?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

ear pierced, tat on right arm, grew out goatee.

The true Kingdom of God is located in your heart, not an organization of hypocrites.

www.geocities.com/latinloverchicago/Jason1.html for my new webpage and info!! Im trying to live now!!

• alamb
    alamb

There's a smile on my face that wasn't there before.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I've grown horns, a long red tail, scales on my back. I roam the streets all night long, slobbering as i go, and sleep all day long.

Just kidding. The only difference is my hair is a bit longer.

SS

PS How is the weed patch coming?

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

tatooed, peirced and dreadlocks

• JanH
    JanH

tattoo, beard, very long hair... never wearing a tie. different clothes too, of course.

- Jan
    --
    The believer is happy. The doubter is wise.

• avengers
    avengers

I still have my suits in the closet. Haven't used them since I stopped attending meetings. I don't think I will ever wear them again. Any good dubbs want them?

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I guess I am just a bit too straight laced. My appearance is pretty much the same as it was before I was dipped. I was told that at one time, I would have had to shave off my mustache. Imagine, telling a forty something guy to shave off a mustache to become a JW! If it had still been effect, I would never have been dipped. I have worn this mustache since 1971. Even the US Army wasn't that critical and they are noted for being fanatics about hair and such.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• BATHORY
    BATHORY

G'Day Jan ;

I love your new(ish) appearance, i think thats what a man should look like ( IMO ).

Im still in so i look like a wog AF.

• COMF
    COMF

Note worldly influence manifest in wearing of faddish "techie look" goatee and earring... an obvious unbalanced concern for the physical, the desire of the eyes, the showy display.

How is it that not shaving = obsession with appearance, while shaving = focus on spiritual? Funny how that works, isn't it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit