Do the WTBTS take away personal rights and freedoms...

by Joliette 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What about born-ins, Outlaw?
    Until they reach a certain age or maturity level, they have no choice at all.....Ding

Your preaching to the Choir..You have just described me..

No child has a choice,about what their parents want..

When I was old enough..

I was gone..

Eventually even a JW Kid has a choice..

The Bastards that run the WBT$..

Were never going to have Control of my Life as an Adult..

I made that choice as a JW Kid..

I was stronger than the JW Adults around me..

................... ...OUTLAW

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is the rub. They do not take away any rights. They convince people to consent to surrender their rights. Everything done for the society is volunteer work.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

You know what Joliette ...you are so right. Last semester I studied 'Black feminism' and it shocked me how hard the battle was fought ...all credit to you sweetheart.

Loz x

• Curtains
    Curtains

"I tried to explain this to my cousin this weekend, but she didnt quite understand what I meant by it. She said that these laws (like not celebrating holidays, saluting the flag, not voting(a big one that I dont like) not take blood) its for our protection and doesnt take aways from personal rights. What would have been the best way to explain to her HOW it takes away from personal rights?"

I think your cousin is correct. Agree with her as much as you can because Jehovahs witnesses are exercising their right not to do those things. you won't win this battle because they remind themselves that not doing these things makes them freer than others.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    What about born-ins, Outlaw?

That's the problem; by the time they are old enough to realise, they have had years of brain-washing and mind-control behind them. Their employment prospects have also been moulded around the WTS 'no-education' policy so living independantly can be a major problem.

I know, I'm one of them!

George

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

they do. they deceive you. they entice you. they lie to you.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

As others have alluded to, the Borg can't take what you don't willingly give them...

V665

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"Nothing else it to be believed under my roof!"

I had no rights until I packed my bags, said goobye to the dog, and disappeared.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit