Do the WTBTS take away personal rights and freedoms...

by Joliette 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Joliette
    Joliette

I tried to explain this to my cousin this weekend, but she didnt quite understand what I meant by it. She said that these laws (like not celebrating holidays, saluting the flag, not voting(a big one that I dont like) not take blood) its for our protection and doesnt take aways from personal rights. What would have been the best way to explain to her HOW it takes away from personal rights?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

If she is a victim of WT thought reform, there is nothing that you can say. She will defend them, in spite of the evidence.

Your best option is to find out what she doesn't like about WT and pour salt into the wound. Help her to see the 'cage' she's in.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Thank you leavingWT.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

One example is dress and grooming. The Bible gives few specifics, yet WT has a very rigid/specific set of guidelines for men and women. Why can't sisters wear pants to the KH? Why can't brothers wear beards? Just one example of a personal freedom taken away. (Prominent business people and politicans wear these things. They are mainstream.)

• Joliette
    Joliette

People died for my right to vote, and as a woman of color, I'll be DAMNED if someone takes those rights away from me. People fought for my right to voite, and I feel like I'm entitled to do it...Alderman, Mayor, Governer, Senator, President, I VOTE!! My parents found out that I voted in the primaries for a president in 2008 and they busted out laughing, and said, babylon the great, or something like that. I'm like, man, you guys are so drunk off the koolaid thats its freakin ashame!!. I like the fact too, that if you dont agree with something, your allowed to say that you dont agree. In the dub world, your called an apostate and disfellowshipped if you keep disagreeing.

At least with the United States goverment you have a right to choose who gets into office. With the org they simply say 'let them eat cake.'

• Ding
    Ding

I think I might say, "Suppose the Watchtower didn't have any rules about these things but your parents or spouse told you they were forbidding you to celebrate holidays, salute the flag, vote, or make up your own mind about whether or not to take a blood transfusion. Wouldn't you consider that as an infringement on your personal riight? Sure you would. Well, it's just as much an infringement of your rights when the WTBTS does it."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Joliette..

The WBT$ has never..Ever..

Taken personal Rights and Freedoms away,from Jehovah`s Witness`s..

Jehovah`s Witness`s "Give Up" personal Rights and Freedoms..

To be Associated with the WBT$..

................... ...OUTLAW

• Joliette
    Joliette

@ Outlaw: okay, so the rights were willing given up by many current dubbers? Thats even more distrubing. LOL.

@ Ding: thank you.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Joliette..

The personal Rights and Freedoms of Jehovah`s Witness`s has never..Ever..

Been taken from them by the WBT$..

Each and every Jehovah`s Witness..

Has willingly given up those Rights and Freedoms to the WBT$..

I agree..

That really "Is more Disturbing"..

................... ...OUTLAW

• Ding
    Ding

What about born-ins, Outlaw?

Until they reach a certain age or maturity level, they have no choice at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit