Can Ministerial Servants Fade?

by ihadnoidea 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

last post by Inside Man is the fastest, easiest, way out of minihood & the truth. You'll even get a pat on the back and a nice announcement for all your hard work when you leave from your old KH as well

mmxiv

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hello ihadnoidea. I started my fade as a Ministerial Servant. I started to be a little slapdash in my duties. I then said I had a lot of stress at work and that my wife had a difficult pregnancy. So I turned in my privileges. I had been a regular pioneer about 18-24 months prior to that, too.

After 6 months or so from turning in my privileges, I stopped going to the meetings entirely. It also helped that I moved away to a different part of town.

BTS

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

Write a letter. Step down. Give bogus reasons or real ones, whatever you want. Then you will be deleted lol . They will come after you if you try and fade as an MS.

X (former MS who has since faded)

• ihadnoidea
    ihadnoidea

Great suggestions!

I have thought about the moving to another congregation route, but I guess either way they are going to want to meet with me at some point. Playing the sick card is very good idea too (I have not thought of that).

Unfortunately, all my ties are in the org. All my family (Some are COs, Elders, and Pioneers) abd friends are in the org. In addition, so is my wife. My family would be described by many here as hardcore JWs. Basically I have no shot at fading out easy, so I need to weigh this greatly.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stress...Depression....Pressure of Work..."Problems at Home".....confess to a secret vice that is not serious enough to be d/f'd for, eg a fondness for Heavy Metal music, ..and of course be tardy with your M/S assignment duties..miss a couple of items or talks ...fail to report F/S...etc etc

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

There are only a handful of good reasons to step away from MS or elder, so figure out a combination of these:

health/depression
    Work load
    Family responsibilities
    Personal doubt/sin disqualifies you
    Spouse/kids personal doubt/sin makes you feel disqualified
    Not studying with kids

They may tell you a resignation has to be "approved." They did when I resigned as an elder. But you can resign and tell them you are done as an MS. When they say it needs approval, tell them to get it, but use your reason to say you are already done.

Nobody can prove or disprove depression. You can make a doctor's appointment to see any kind of doctor (optometrist even) for any kind of reason (social even) and you can start taking any kind of medicine (even vitamins) and then tell the elders that you have been depressed, so you are seeing a doctor and you are on medicine, and you need to lighten your load. If asked for specifics, just say that your health information is private. The refusal to share information will only prove you should be allowed to resign.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    My family would be described by many here as hardcore JWs. Basically I have no shot at fading out easy, so I need to weigh this greatly.

I was typing my comment when you posted last. Fading doesn't mean you will avoid getting sat down with the elders. It just means that you will avoid being DF'ed as you slowly reach more freedom. You can resign as an MS, moving is very helpful. You can miss meetings and start your fade. You will have to start telling elders "No thanks" when they want to help you. Clearly with hardcore family, it won't be easy.

Give it a try anyway, because you can always end a fade by going back or just ending your involvement and facing consequences. But you don't know if it won't work if you don't try it. A DF or DA is very difficult to change course from.

While it is not recommended in most cases, I used the "personal doubts" route to resign as an elder and fade because my JW wife would know that I don't believe the doctrine anymore. There was no point in hiding my disagreement with doctrines/teachings- I just phrased it as doubt so it wasn't enough to kick me out.

• yknot
    yknot

Howdy !

I agree changing up congos can be ideal! Depending on zealousness of your kin you might have to do several times!

By moving you don't have to give 'reason' for stepping down. Make sre the KS you moved to has plenty of MS/Elders so your appoitment recomendations are put on the back burner.....

Of course while we all know the 'bethel boys' don't like 'links'.....they only look apparently on ks-titled threads..... so if by chance your one of the congos that has yet to recevie your KS.... here ya go... as mentioned above please take note of ch. 3: http://www.sendspace.com/file/a1ui9y

Hugs!!!

• Inside Man
    Inside Man

bro. ihadnoidea how does your wife feel? does she know you are having doubts? is she very attached to the hall you are at? is she gonna be okay with you being deleted? let me know.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If you start dogging your assignments, pretty soon they are going to delete you. If you are on the sound system, mess up on purpose--put in a worldly CD instead of the Kingdumb maladies. If you are handling accounts, start undercounting things on purpose. The one that handles the second "school" could dog timing the talks, perhaps dinging them 30 seconds early or "forgetting" to start the timer at all. Hand out slips late on purpose. Make "mistakes" on many of the slips, again on purpose. If you count attendance, undercounting om purpose is another good idea. If given a talk, dog it--perhaps making it even more unintelligible. Or, blow it off altogether.

Another good way to get deleted is to start being consistently late for boasting sessions. If you have the rag or littera-trash, or the sound department, this works best. You can't hand out rags and littera-trash if you are 10 minutes late for the boasting session every time and leave 10 minutes early. Start being inconsistent in making the boasting sessions at all. While you're at it, get your field circus down to about 1 or 2 hours a month, or "forget" to turn in your time at all. Being irregular in field circus, while dogging your assignments, is a sure way to get deleted.

If that doesn't work, missing the boasting sessions altogether is your next option--best accomplished if you start alternating between two different congregations and blowing both of them off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit