I was wrongfully Disfellow shipped out...help

by pes0210 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

from what I have read on here from others, for every thing that is written a copy also goes to Brooklyn.

Can I ask them to remove this file from their records,

Just my opinion, but once you pledge yourself under their jurisdiction, you are their slave and subject. They can pretty much write whatever they want about you. And especially since you consented to their authority at the time.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

what happens in the congregation..... stays in "all the congregation people who once know you are"

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

In reference to your post: ('I was wrongfully Disfellowshipped out...help') the “freedom of information act” in this matter would have no bearing at all; ecclesiastical privilege trumps your desire to have your records. If I was you, I would just forget about the whole night mare if you can, and consider yourself luckier than most of the posters here on this forum. Truth be known it would not surprise me at all if they kept a tally every time someone was suspected of farting during the meeting, or shifting their eyes during some special needs talk.

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

Baltar447 You took the words right out of my mouth, the organisation does not even begin to understand the extent of Gods mercy, Jesus message, the true Gospel of Grace, repentance and forgiveness and [no condemnation]. I am so sorry you were treated so harshly pes021. Their decision has backfired and has woken you up. You are no longer under their control and are free, now you can leave it all behind.

When hubby and I came to realise what the watchtower really was we started to fade and had mentaly walked away as we had family still in, however as we realised that we wanted to serve the Lord and had not lost our faith in God, only in the organisation of [MEN], we thought why should we play their game and walk away with our tails between our legs, but rather go with our heads held high, particularly when we realised that we would need a different tactic to get our family out, so we decided to send a letter of resignation in for what it was worth, and we stated that any information on us be disposed of but we did understand that the contents of our letter may need to be shown to relevant parties and requested that tact and consideration of the data protection act and the data protection policy be adhered to as the organisation seems to be very keen on policies themselves.

Welcome to the board.

• carvin
    carvin

baltar447 makes a good point however I have to ask, are they following the example of Jesus? By keeping the files are they in essence not forgiving?

Just a thought

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'm ECSTATIC to be in the DF'd list... I wish there was a way I could MOVE UP......

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

duplicate..... my apologies...for this internet connection!

• Room 215
    Room 215

My friend, I advise you to forget whether the disfellowshipping was proper or otherwise; just rejoice that you're free. You may not recognize it now or not, but they did you an enormous favor!! Move on...

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, think of it this way: Jesus found the formerly blind man AFTER he'd been thrown out of the synagogue. Could be that the Lord Jesus will find you in a similar way. Who knows?

Regardless, people who weren't affected by it won't bother thinking of what you did. They might talk about it for awhile, but the dust settles and they get on with turning the wheels of the machine. Best for you to get on with the rest of your life and not trouble yourself about their files. Just don't list any elders as references when you're out job-hunting, and I think you'll live.

-sd-7

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

pes,

I don't believe a word of your experience.

If you are going to make something up, the least you could do is try to make it believable.

JDW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit