I was wrongfully Disfellow shipped out...help

by pes0210 21 Replies latest jw friends

• pes0210
    pes0210

in 04 I was brought before a comitee of 3 elders and admited to sex before marriage, given my situation at the time I fell short, i showed repentance for it and they said they were going to recomend i leave for awhile to find myself spiritually...(wow the only time they got one right) I did find myself spiritually through other means. Now I have a question since I no longer want to be a part of this organization and I was cast out from it, shouldnt my records with my personal information be destroyed? if its in a file that I do not want to exist? Can I ask them to remove this file from their records, where do they keep them and can I sue them for defermation as well as retaining my confession? If they donot remove by my request? Is this legal for them to keep a profile of me in a slanderous manner that it is? Even the DMV takes points off your licence for goodbehavior lol!

• pirata
    pirata

I guess the question is, does it really bother you that this information is kept on file if you do not want to be part of the organization?

• In
    In

Got any friends on the inside? Get them to "borrow" the file... without consent...

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Well they legally MUST destroy it, imagine if millions of 'postates' wanted their files destroyed. :D

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They will not destroy your file.

The good news? Their records of full of files that are far worse than yours. Moreover, the contents of your file are not very likely to become publicly known. Forget about it, move on and enjoy life.

Welcome to the forum!

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

If I remember correctly...technically speaking...your last congregation has ownership of any documents related to you. I don't think anything is sent to Bethel.

• baltar447
    baltar447

If Jesus said to forgive 77 times(in an illustrative way saying not to "keep account of the injury"), then why the need for records of personal sins that don't present a danger to anyone? If Jehovah God doesn't keep account of our sins when we repent, then why does the congregation/organization?

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

I do know that they do clean out the files and keep current stuff (my father-in-law was an elder I asked him once). As far as I know, they do not keep such records (It's not like a courthouse and it's dictated word for word) but it seems that every KH keeps own records. But probably the only thing they have on you is the date you were DF'd and why. But no details and your address/phone number unless you've moved since then, then I wouldn't worry too much. Remember that (at least at my old hall) that the elders would move away or start attending a different congregation. Probably the only information the would have of you is if you still have family in "the truth" that keep giving them your current information so they can do a drop by. My mom does that to me every so often. I hate that. If that happens open the door with a cig and cocktail and welcome them in. lol

• Gayle
    Gayle

pes, I send you a "PM." (Look at top of this page and click on the envelope icon for message.)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Honestly, whatever 'records' they have mean absolutely nothing to the outside, normal world. The info getting out, which it won't for legal reasons, won't harm you in anyway. I mean hell, they don't even let anyone know where there are child molesters in the congregation!

Sick bastards!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit