Are you a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy/gal?

by compound complex 28 Replies latest social entertainment

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Love meat and potatoes! However....ahem.....we eat vegetarian at least once per week, and fish. Tofu is a YES.

At the start of the week I blend a large hunk of tofu with a half cup of milk or so til creamy. Then throw 8 eggs into the blender - barely blend - then pour into a small pitcher and refrigerate. Voila! I have my scrambled egg mixture that lasts me a week or so without much fuss, plus the tofu does not affect the taste or texture at all. I can pour an egg or two each morning into a nonstick skillet (melt 1/2 tsp butter for the flavor) which is a great protein start to the day.

• beksbks
    beksbks

LWT............tsk tsk

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, everyone, for the replies as well as great suggestions!

CoCo Cuisine de la Viande

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

For all the veggies out there:

http://www.antivegan.at/index.php?lang=en

Mwuhahahahahahahaha!

V665

• serein
    serein

never mind what u like has any one ever tryed blood sosage u know black pudding and liver with all the juisy blood alover it, i mean jws put me off eating em i havnt and would never eat the black pudding it sounds absalute discusting but i do eat liver now and its yummy with some mash

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I've gone back and forth with being a vegatarian but when it comes down to it, I've gotta have meat...don't care too much about the potatoes though.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

oops I mispelled "vegetarian"

• AnneB
    AnneB

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, cornbread with honey butter, and afterward chocolate cake with chocolate frosting and a cup of coffee!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

If the meat is succulent and tender roast leg of lamb and the potatoes are perfectly roasted - soft on the inside and crispy crunchy on the outside, along with roast pumpkin, roast sweet potato and minted peas all served with a delicious rich gravy sweetend just a little with redcurrant jelly. Just had this last Sunday. Very typical Australian roast dinner.

Now I'm off to make dinner and alas it's not roast lamb tonight.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit