Why can't JW receive blood

by justbreathe825 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• justbreathe825
    justbreathe825

I told the sister, I don't want to study anymore. She asked me why:

I would never shun my mother for smoking

I would never put someone's life at risk for not getting a blood transfusion.

I don't think it makes sense to celebrate anniversaries and not birthdays!

She wrote me a long e-mail telling me to prayfully give some thought to reconsidering ending my bible studie.

I will meet her next week and just listen to what she has to say...

Why do JW can't donate/accept blood? I read there's a specific component of blood they are allow to take? which doesn't make any sense bacsue why would you be willing to take when you are forbidded to donate blood?

What's the reasoning behind shunning???

And why for can't they celebrate birthdays if is nothing more than an anniversary of your life??

I am pretty sure I am not going to hear the end of it with me leaving the studies...all the ppl I am going to dissappoint specially my boyfriend's family (who are the only reason why I started all this) but it seems that even going to the meetings and studyins is not even good enough...my bf's dad wants updates on my study pretty much every week and I pl where alreday being encouraged to attend the ministerial school and go out on service!!

this whole thing is exhausting

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Question: Why can't JW receive blood?

Answer: Unfortunately, the answer to this question is the same as the answer to all of your questions.

Because the Governing Body says so.

• Ding
    Ding

Leavingwt has nailed it!

• pirata
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard

ask her why JW's were forbidden from accepting organ transplants and vaccinations and to show any Biblical evidence that would support this? then tell her to go and pray about it and come back to you to see if the evil WTS is a dangerous mind controlling cult in which the public should be made aware of, patronizing bitch!

• justbreathe825
    justbreathe825

leavingwt always to the point!

Haha jookhead u r so funny

thanks for the links pirata I am going to make sure I read them all b4 I approach her on sunday.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SHUNNING is a "loving provision™" of Jehovah's organization intended to increase the misery of the person being shunned by depriving them of association with their nearest and dearest friends.

Since JWs are ordered to limit their contact with "worldly" people, the social circle of most JWs consists of thier believing family members and their believing friends from the Kingdom Hall. When shunning starts, all former friends will look right through the shunned one as though they were not there, treating them as dead (except they do not morn the loss). Believing family members are told to only have minimal contact with the shunned one, just what is necessary family business.

The shunned person often find themselves in a state of emotional free-fall, waiting for the reassurance of a parachute that never opens.

In order to get out of this shunned state, a person has to SUBMIT to the whims of the elder body, who will dictate to the shunned one the terms and conditions of their return to the joyous assembly of Jehovah's true worshippers. Usually, the person will be required to attend all meetings for a year - while being shunned - remaining silent and sitting in the last row of the auditorium. They must also provide proof to the elder's satisfaction that the practice which precipitated the shunning has ceased and that all "bad associations" that might lead to repeat offenses have been severed.

People are expected to either return to the congregation or kill themselves as an expression of misery, grief and anguish.

What is NOT expected is that the shunned one will discover a happy and rewarding life outside the "spiritual paradise" of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    the ppl I am going to dissappoint specially my boyfriend's family (who are the only reason why I started all this)

I dated an unbaptized, double-life leading JW girl in high school, once her mother found out, her mission was to convert me. She would always find ways to witness to me (its what witnesses do), she placed literature with me, she would try to have conversations with me about the literature, I never read it. One day I brought a book with me, I thought it was quite funny, called "Counterfeits at Your Door" what to say to Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormoms ... that didn't go over well.

Eventually she gave me a book "You Can Live Forever in Paradise on Earth" .... after getting worn down by the hounding, I read it, then came the "Bible" study ... 25 years later, I want my life back.

• bohm
  • nelly136

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit