How many convicted Watchtower pedophiles are there?

by Nickolas 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

What a joke, this will be reported to the department of justice in the UK. The elders covering this up will also be just as guilty in the eyes of the law. I am in the emergency services in the UK and I will report this, there will be no stone left unturned as I have contacts in GCHQ . All bethel workers and anyone else that works there are under investigation as you are deemed a threat to national security. So be very carefull what you say on you mobile or the internet.....Your days are numbered in the UK as a charity also

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

My column today on Freeminds was what we should do if our child tells us they have been abused.

Unfortuately due technical difficulties it didn't posted today so look for it . . . soon - hopefully tomorrow

http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/

• blondie
    blondie
    There is no statute of limitations on sexual crimes

Wrong!!

Every state in the US has its own statute of limitations of child abuse and rape.

http://www.smith-lawfirm.com/statutestable.html

http://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1428/Child-Abuse-Law-STATUTE-LIMITATIONS.html

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Sorry about that, blondie. I'm in Canada, as is Lady Lee. In Canada there is no statute of limitations on sex crimes of which I am aware. It surprises me that there are in the US, but I thank you for the insight.

My understanding is the 23,000+ number came from a leaked Brooklyn document but also that the WTBTS has refused to deny or confirm it. Is it substantiated or alleged? If any of those 23,000+ happen to be spirit annointed, it seems like a bit of a game changer. Almost proof that the Society is not what it represents itself to be.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

There is an estimated 23,720 child molesters on file at brooklyn. But these are just ACCUSED molesters.

I am not disputing this, but let me relate a tale about numbers and lists. It's a bit of a cautionary tale.

Back inthe day, when I worked and Microsoft and Windows 2003 was about to be released, news reports started coming out about how Windows was releasing with almos 65000 bugs. Being in technology, anytime I hear round numbers in multiples of 8, I begin to get suspicious.

So, were there almost 65000 bugs? There certainly were almost 65000 entries in the bug tracking database. The thing you had to keep in mind was that the way the dev team internally tracked any request from anyone that involved code was tracked as a bug, and there could me multiple issues for the same entry.

Someone misspelled a word in a online help file? File a bug. Ten people might notice it so it gets 10 entries.

A feature doesn't work the way you expect and think it's broken? File a bug. In those cases, the behavior might be a new update to the feature and it's working exactly as designed, but you need to file a bug. Ten people might file a bug for the same thing.

You will be changing the behavior of some piece of code in an upcoming service pack? File a bug and put a date on it to ensure it gets addressed.

You want dev to add a feature to address something the doesn't do that you think it should? File a bug.

The point is that, while yes, there certainly WERE almost 65000 entries in the that database, it covered multiple versions of the OS, not all were "bugs" and not all were open, many had been fixed and closed or otherwise addressed and closed. Yeah, the number was right, but the number didn't tell the story by a long shot.

Ironically, when that report came out, MS was moving to a new version of bug tracking software as they had outgrown old one. The new one would allow for WAY more bugs in the database. Millions.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

notverylikely, it seems you are drawing parallels without being specific. Are you saying the 23,700 number could include multiple hits on the same individual? I'm unsure how this tracks the provenance of the number itself, which is what I am wondering about. Where did it come from, and how proovable is it? Next question (after how many were "spirit annointed" at the time they did their deeds) might be what the real number might be.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It was Barbara Anderson who first became aware of the huge problem of sexual abuse within the WTS. She was working in Bethel doing research when she came across the data. Her story is on Freeminds but she also has a good portion of it on her website http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/index.html in the e-book titled Secrets of Pedophilia in and American Religion.

NVL your analogy has nothing to do with the list. Barb had access to the list. She knows exactly what it was. She saw it

For those of you who are new tothe topic see: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/best-of/76846/1/The-Best-of-WTS-and-Sexual-Abuse-of-Children for a very long list of discussions on JWN

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Are you saying the 23,700 number could include multiple hits on the same individual?

Possibly. I am saying without knowing the specifics of how they are doing the tracking, what triggers them to put the name in the database, there could be multiple hit for the same individial, one entry per instance, there could be way less entries that there needs to be depending the secret rules that prompt a name to go on the list.

All I am saying is... be careful with that number, we don't know what it truly represents except that the powers that be are aware there is a problem and hush it up.

NVL your analogy has nothing to do with the list. Barb had access to the list. She knows exactly what it was. She saw it

Sorry LL, my analogy is very relevant I think. Seeing a list and being the people that make decision on what rules may or may not apply are very different things. Also, I am just guessing, but I am thinking she did not verify the names, how they verified each name was right, a single entry, etc.

I do not, nof course, intend in any way to devalue the work she has done. I am simply advising caution when throwing references about that list out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit