How many convicted Watchtower pedophiles are there?

by Nickolas 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Last night my wife, my wife's brother and sister-in-law (all Jehovah's Witnesses) and I (not a JW) settled in after dinner for an evening of TV. I loaded the first disk of the first season of the series "Lie to Me" and we started with episode 1, the series pilot. Not far into the program a young Jehovah's Witness is accused of murder. Sister-in-law's head swung over to stare at her husband momentarily and all of a sudden there was a palpable tension in the room. Turns out the young man was just a voyeur and was morbidly ashamed to have to admit that he had masturbated, but the program was not nearly as interesting as that initial reaction from the Jehovah's Witnesses in the room.

I was aware of incidents of child sexual abuse in the WTBTS, the out of court settlements and the allegations of cover up, but not the scale of the issue. I had thought incidents were, as the Society has claimed, rare. So, today I have been Googling for names of convicted WT pedophiles, thinking I would start a thread, Naming Names with traceable sources, just to see how big it would get. But after only 10 minutes or so my starting list was already over a dozen and I had only scratched the surface. It was clear that I would be at it all day and any thread I might start would crash and burn from the burden of its own weight. I am doubtless extrapolating, but my grandson is being raised as a Jehovah's Witness and I am concerned.

How widespread is the issue? Is there a compendium of names? How many known WT pedophiles are there?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

http://www.silentlambs.org/answers/23720.cfm

There is an estimated 23,720 child molesters on file at brooklyn. But these are just ACCUSED molesters.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How many convicted Watchtower pedophiles are there?

Not nearly enough of them!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Also, that 23,720 number is getting pretty old. I would imagine the number has gone way over 24K by now.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

The list of pedophiles in the organization, that 23,000+ is not convicted pedophiles. Those are reports of pedophiles.

I don't kno wif there is any way to reall tell how many convicted pedophile sthere are. out of the 4 JWs who sexually molested me not one was reported to the police. So even if their names are on the list (which I doubt because they happened so long ago) none of them were even reported never mind arrested and went to court and been convicted.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

That was the only number I could find. And yeah, that number is about 7 or 8 years old now. I'm sure there are far more reported abusers. It's hard to convict people, though, when you are not supposed to talk about congregation business with outsiders.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Like I said, "not nearly enough of them."

Most are still in the Borg and in perfectly good standing. Hiding out, as it were, and waiting for new victims.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

There is no statute of limitations on sexual crimes, Lady Lee. You can still report the four to the police.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There is only one that was serious enough to have gone to the police and he is dead now

• wobble
    wobble

The more worrying thing is the advice in the new Elders Manual that if there is only the accuser and the accused, and the accused denies it, that the elders should leave it in jehovahs hands.

No they should not, they should report it to the authorities.

disgusting little cult, and paedophile paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit