Seattle Times runs pedophile story

by Mulan 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I just emailed all links and info to [email protected]., our local Fox station here in Chicago. Specifically to Walter Jacobson. He's interested in stories like this.

Thanks Mulan....

April
    I was angry with my friend; I told my wrath, my wrath did end. I was angry with my foe; I told it not, my wrath did grow. (William Blake, A Poison Tree)
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/171905

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I went back and reread the article the Watchtower ran on the Catholics a couple years ago. They sure made it sound like the Catholics were well deserving of criticism. And all the while, they were doing exactly the same thing! Here are some selective quotes from that article. Am I the only one seeing the hypocrisy come through now?

*** w98 3/1 3 The Churches Confess ***
    It seems that with increasing frequency, churches are accepting blame and are apologizing for what they have done over the centuries.

*** w98 3/1 4 The Churches Confess ***
    “Many American bishops appeared on television and publicly asked forgiveness.” For what? For underestimating the problem of pedophile priests, to the detriment of many young victims.

*** w98 3/1 4 The Churches Confess ***
    The Bible encourages us to ask forgiveness when we are at fault, and many applaud the churches when they subject themselves to self-criticism. (James 5:16)

Now, when will the Watchtower confess?

Funny thing is, I printed out the news article and let my JW wife and her daughters read it. The 15 year old went balistic about how it wasn't true. Only 15 and brainwashed so heavily already.

Oh, and before I forget, this is the same one who lied to school authorities a couple years ago and falsely accused me of trying to molest her! By the looks of it, she is going to make a great witness, denial and lies, all at the same time!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• DanielHaase
    DanielHaase

About damn time!With the Watchtower's record, it's just making it more and more obvious the fact that the society has no heart for its' women and children. Women have absolutely NO rights (oh sure, they get to sit around a pretty little table and have make believe door-to-door visits one night a week at the min school). And not only are they killing their own damn kids by not allowing blood transfusions (although they can have immunizations which are totally plasma derived)now they dont give a shit who pokes them! Oh well, once the new system is here, they wont remember it anyway........

• joelbear
    joelbear

Can I ask a dumb question?

Do y'all believe any proof is necessary before a man (or woman) is considered guilty of being a child molester?

• freeman
    freeman

You are right Joel, that was a dumb question, but thanks for asking it. Of course everyone believes there must be proof before someone can be considered guilty and punished, that is why we have courts of law. The problem here is that the Watch Tower does nothing to protect the child before guilt is established and little even after it is established. Protection of the child is not their priority, their priority is protection of the organization, and everything else is secondary to that. THAT’S THE PROBLEM JOEL!

Freeman

• Xena
    Xena

Apparently there was proof in this case Joel because the man was convicted and sentenced to 11 years in prison....

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Thank you Marilyn!

and thank you, DakotaRed, for reminding us of the WTS' eagerness to defend CATHOLIC silent lambs.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    for reminding us of the WTS' eagerness to defend CATHOLIC silent lambs.

I'm eager to see how they try squirm out of this one. Or will they go for a quick hush it up out of court settlement? Any bets the Awake will be silent on this subject for a while?

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit