Is this weird or what?

by 1Robinella 23 Replies latest jw friends

• 1Robinella
    1Robinella

All your wonderful comments are appreciated. Thank you, your comments were a huge help. Everyone had such good comments that everything that was sent had valid points to ponder over. I believe this is just another jab because I (we) are not JW's anymore. I also believe she's scared and worried what may happen in the future for her. She just doesn't realize that she wouldn't have to worry so much because the answer is right under her nose (so-to-speak) but I think something hard will have to "hit her" like, her friends not helping out. That would create a huge slap in the face for her, unfortunately we have to be their to see it. All I can do is live my life and when the time comes deal with it then. But this is a waking moment to reality when dealing with loved ones wrapped up in this religion.

"Ya right..Jehovah`s Witness`s are known throughout the community..For their Charity and Soup kitchens for the Needy..You mom has an Unpleasant Surprise in her Future.."

I agree with you Outlaw.

"They would support her insofar as being nice to her at the meeting."

So true.

"Actions speak louder than words."

Agreed.

"I have heard Elders tell family that their faithful Elderly ones WERE their responsibility not the congregations."

I have heard this many times as well.

"...but family love should flow both ways.."

Well, it should shouldn't it.

-peace and martini's for everyone

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

My aunt’s P.O. is doing an excellent job of looking after her. She’s 93, has no children, and still lives on her own. It’s amazing that, with all his duties as the presiding elder, he still manages to find time to even look after her financials. And we recently learned he now has power of attorney. He’s actually offered to move her in with his family. We’re extremely impressed with his loving attitude.

He has let it slip to a few brothers that she has a considerable amount of money but we’re convinced this has nothing to do with his interest in her affairs. Then again there are plenty of older ones in his congregation and she’s the only one he has insisted should move in with his family. Hmmm….

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

What a touching story Wheel. Makes the heart rejoice doesn't it?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

you sounded sound. Your mom heard none

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit