If you believe in demons, which things you still believe?

by cyberjesus 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Aguest: State your name, spirit! By what are you called?

Is this your colorful sense of humor coming out, Shelby?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You're up late Cheeze. Me too.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I don't believe in demons, but know 2 people that claim they saw them. The interesting thing is, they said these demons were little blue men. These guys are from opposite sides of the world, saw the demons in different countries, and have different beliefs/traditions. I find it fascinating that somebody can recount a story which is, to all intents and purposes, about a smurf! (These folks aren't, and never were dubs). One guy saw his smurf when he was contemplating suicide on top of a building, and it encouraged him to jump and 'screw everybody'. The other guy saw a smurf while he was renovating an empty house in the countryside. He said that they portend a huge windfall. (He never got rich).

If I ever saw something like that, I certainly would never recount it to a friend. On here, maybe, coz nobody knows me.

I believe the human mind sometimes buggers up, even for the most rational of people. Anecdotal accounts are always real, because the person who saw them insists they were real. The experience is real to them. If my mate sees harvey the pink rabbit in his yard, and at the same time I don't....then what? How do you test stuff like this? I don't think this kind of stuff will ever be able to be tested empirically. period.

• The Finger
    The Finger

SweetBabyCheezits

One experience was that my father turned out the light and something physically pushed past him, he saw it and felt it. I had seen it several days earlier in the hallway but he was unaware of that. We had quite alot of things that happened over several months.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Tim I am proud of you!

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

SBC wrote: No. Atheism doesn't try to explain that. It's - more or less - a lack of belief in a deity/deities.

My question to you is this: Do any other belief systems explain your anecdote? If something unexplainable happens and you assign a supernatural (for example, demons) explanation to it, what you are in effect saying is....

something unexplainable happened = demons = I can explain it!

In reality, if something like that cannot be explained it just remains unexplained. Nothing more.

Hi,

No I'm not being sarcastic

I have to be careful on what I say because I don't want to be known by JW's at my hall viewing this site, I had explained this to some JW's including the person that does my book study but you know how gossip spreads, I had a lot of experience to talk about which I prefer not to get into, once I'm out I will be more than happy if people want me to explain in detail.

Regarding your question, you remind me of a conversation I had with my dad, he asked how could a league of brothers (GB) be all wrong and misleading? I answered his question (which he still does not or doesn't want to know) with a question, what makes a mormon, evangelist or roman catholic think that they are gods mouth piece? How can a muslim extremist get to a stage of seriously killing himself believing honestly that he will be sent to heaven and have virgens?

To answer your question you can look deeper into it which I don't encourage because you put yourself in harms way, I was demon possessed, you either believe what I typed to be true or you don't, if you don't believe you wont believe everything else I saw and experienced.

Another way of reasoning is the old testament (exodus and leviticus) gives a good idea on what not do to, blood is sacred, drinking blood of an animal you killed with your bare hands (or mouth) is just like mocking GOD, this sin can not be forgiven and there isn't an exorcism that can help you but its what some do just to prove a point false, then to end up in a nut house. There are countless articles proving the old testament to be true. Also the NT which is the oldest book to speak about demons in people, forms of exorcism are similar to what Jesus said.

• designs
    designs

If there are angels and demons they both dabble in serendipity................

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If one believes in agels one must, by default believe in demons.

Do I believe in demons?

If by demons you mean fallen angels or spirits that have chosen to "leave" God and do evil to mankind, yes I do.

Do I have a rational basis for this believe?

I could tell you stories and such but they would simply be anecdotes and prove nothing, so I don't have anything outside of the personal so that doesn't really qualify as emprical of course.

But rational?

I have seen soem seriosu crap, serious crap that makes me wonder how ANYONE can be so evil, truly evil in all sense of the word and perhaps that is the dominion of demons.

• designs
    designs

In my drinking days I saw a few Chupacabras..................

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    In my drinking days I saw a few Chupacabras..................

Yep, I know that area in Mexico and the women that play there ;)

LOL !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit