If you believe in demons, which things you still believe?

by cyberjesus 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Some here still believe in Demons, therefore you still have some beliefs associated with demons, demon possesion, demons getting into furniture, black cats, bad luck, etc etc etc. What things do you still believe regarding demons and why do you still believe it?>

If you do,.,. happy halloween, if you dont happy halloween too.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

My mother-in-law moved in with us for a week or so because she was afraid that some furniture that she got from her mom was demonized. She wouldn't go back to her house until her husband removed it all.

I still don't understand the concept of an inanimate object "having" a demon. That'd be a really boring job. "I'm a demon that lives in a chair!"

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

How else would they be able to make demons seem real but to say they are in some sort of object. They gotta keep the fear going somehow.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I believe in demons. Because we had trouble when I was young. I also think now, that my brother had problems although while he was alive I didn't believe him.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

"I'm a demon that lives in a chair!"

What about the demon that lives in the melon baller? I mean, how often does he get to do anything? Melon balls are only made like, twice a year at best.

• AGuest
    AGuest

State your name, spirit! By what are you called?

A slave of Christ, the Holy One of Israel and Holy Spirit, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH,

SA

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

how bout leprechauns? Chupacabras?

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I dont believe, I know, once in the morning my mum was ironing dry clothes and placing them in the cupboard, once she was done I went to pick a shirt but all the clothes were wet, can atheism explain that? Dont think so.

Chupacabra is a made up word, just ask any person from Brazil.

Dont know about leprechauns but zombies are demon posseded dead or brain dead people, dracula is actually based on a real person (Vlade Tepes III) that had very cruel forms or tortare and a socio path like persona.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

(Please excuse me if you were just using sarcasm....)

JJJ: .....once in the morning my mum was ironing dry clothes and placing them in the cupboard, once she was done I went to pick a shirt but all the clothes were wet, can atheism explain that?

No. Atheism doesn't try to explain that. It's - more or less - a lack of belief in a deity/deities.

My question to you is this: Do any other belief systems explain your anecdote? If something unexplainable happens and you assign a supernatural (for example, demons) explanation to it, what you are in effect saying is....

something unexplainable happened = demons = I can explain it!

In reality, if something like that cannot be explained it just remains unexplained. Nothing more.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Finger: I believe in demons. Because we had trouble when I was young.

What kind of trouble? I had "trouble" keeping my bed dry when I was young but that's because my dreams were very realistic. Wish I could've blamed that on demons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit