Do you...... Twitter?

by VampireDCLXV 10 Replies latest jw friends

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Do you use www.twitter.com? I think it's more dynamic, less intrusive and less of a PITA than FB. (JHMO)

Anyone else here use twitter?

V665

• cantleave
  • Libelle
    Libelle

I'm really in the dark about "twitter." I feel like I'm old and crotchedy already... Why when I was yer age sonny boy, we either called people up on a phone plugged into our wall or went over to their house when we wanted to talk to someone. haha

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Yes. On the desktop, I prefer 'Brizzly' as my client.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I"m not tech savvy at all, I need a new cell phone but I don't

want to change from my simple one the newer ones got stuff

on them I know I'll never used. the phone I have now is 3 yrs

old with large numbers. I like the large numbers

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

Yes and no...I have an account and very occasionally "tweet". But I'm set up to primarily read Twitter's main feed to keep up on stuff like world news (as supplied by bloggers and various news forums -- let's say, anything other than MSM), reading blurbs from my favorites authors/musicians, getting tips and how-to's from tech/computer sources, yadda yadda, etc etc.

Overall - I like the concept and that it's a multi-purpose platform. I also like that it's NOT FB - you're right, that particular social site can be quite intrusive. And some adults (ahem) just don't know how to behave on FB sometimes. It's like they've forgotten all their basic social skills and have regressed to the emotional state of a 4-year old...oh wait, some never actually progressed beyond that point, methinks? LOL.

What sort of folks do you follow on Twitter, V665? I used to follow the dude who posted "Sh%t My Dad Says" for a long time (I don't think he posts at all anymore now that it's a TV show?) His dad's running commentary almost never failed to make me laugh...

• rocketman
    rocketman

I do. I use it mainly for following well-known entities more so than personal friends - Tweets from The Onion, for example, keep me laughing.

For interaction among friends etc., I think it's not terribly useful.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@Libelle

Do I seem that young/immature to you all? I'm pushing 40. I just like to keep up...

@ReallyTrulyAthena

I follow people who speak to my personal interests, my main preocupation being with my ADHD and other "issues"...

@rocketman

I like Twitter precisely because the focus is on content instead of contact. Besides my friends here, there's hardly anyone I'd be bothered to keep up with on FB or other places on the 'net...

V665

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I have an account, but I only use it for news and weather. I don't use it for updating my status.

• St George of England
    St George of England

No, but I'm a TWITCHER, if that means anything!

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit