Romance

by Libelle 12 Replies latest social relationships

• Libelle
    Libelle

'K guys... If you're the romantic sort, let's talk about romance. In my relationship, The Mr is the tweety-hearts one, I'm the down to business one (if you follow my meaning - on the spectrum, he's on the romance end, I'm on the lust end). What kinds of things, do you find romantic? If you had a partner who wasn't a real romantic, what would you love to see her/him do?

• tec
    tec

Well, as a woman, I like to see my husband cook, clean or fix something in the house. Massages are always great. Just DO something that he knows I like or want done.

So maybe you could (if this is the question you're asking) find something that he likes to do and do it. Sports (or whatever he is into) - tickets? I'm sure men love having favorite meals cooked too.

Tammy

• Libelle
    Libelle

Yeah, I guess my question wasn't clear - what are some things - everyday (little things) and bigger things I can do to be more romantic? And how to sort of become a romantic, if anyone has any ideas.

• tec
    tec

I think you need a man to answer that question :) I don't know what men find romantic. I'll ask my husband when he gets home... but his answer will be more on your end of that scale.

Tammy

• Libelle
    Libelle

No, your answers are ok too... Both he and I are rather androgynous, so women's or men's answers are fine.

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Things that are romantic for other people may not be to your husband, so you should really just pay attention to what he finds romantic. It could be the smallest thing though, I remember one time I was hanging out with this girl and I just thought her scratching her foot was the cutest thing.

• funnyface
    funnyface

Libelle... Romantic things are Great.BUT you should know that some
    of the things YOU find romantic( you mentioned lust)Hubby has been
    told by the WT he must NOT do!!!!!!I said before ,that caused much
    problems in my marriage...I was told we couldnt do some sexual
    things he wwould have liked....I was an OBEDIENT JW NOt an obedIent
    wife....

• antes8080
    antes8080

cuople weeks ago my wife send me a choclate strawberry roses to my job that was romantic... next wknd took her to wknd at beach resort and had couples massage and nice dinner... but nice cute notes... also for guy it could be romantic like doing a guy thing going watch a game or buy him his fAV BEER...

• Libelle
    Libelle

See, I'm just not a romantic type, and while I do talk to him about it, he's still too vague for me, so I'm seeking what it means to other people. Funnyface, one thing that's good is that the WTS hasn't got much hold on our boudoir. There have been some minor changes (regrettably), but nothing big (yet? I hope not). I reckon if he did make any dramatic changes in that department, there would be a serious door closing for us.

I do know the typical romance things are roses, and whatnot, but it's also the meaning behind that that interests me. I'm all for cut to the chase and head to the bedroom, but he's interested in, I guess, more lead ins to that - you know, romance.

• Libelle
    Libelle

Haha, I'm the beer drinker and sports watcher in the relationship. I guess the most romantic non-sexual thing The Mr did for me was to buy me a sword and a battle axe.

Ok, I can do cute notes, and will focus hard on them not being sexually suggestive. I guess I should say I'm trying to focus on the non-sexual romantic stuff.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit