Anyone any profound experience?

by bez 16 Replies latest jw friends

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Bez,

I can really feel for you. It is so hard to leave behind everything you have ever known because you have found out that it is false. Starting over can be very scarey and questioning everything is natural. I was very afraid. My entire family disowned me, said I was following demons, and my husband and I lost every friend we had. The rumors started immediatly and they even blocked our entrance to the KH. But this period of time helped me alot. I actually believe it can helps clear out all the old cobwebs and find the truth.

Yes, I had an experience that let me know that God heard me, and that he loved me. Know that the feeling of peace that you have is a gift to you, and is a sign that he hears you. When everyone is attacking you it's hard to not doubt yourself, especially when they are teaching you that your current course is leading you to die at armageddon. Reject the lies you are hearing all around you. Pray to know him, and to know the truth about him. He will continue to reach out to you in ways you can see (feel) him, and will build on the foundation of love you feel for him.

Also dont be afraid to talk to him, like you are here, letting your true feelings show, he know they are there, and he is not there to condemn you but to help you.

Much Love

CL

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

Sadly, many former JWs would claim you feel nothing because there is nothing. Atheism doesn't seem useful.

JWs would likely note that a person who distances himself from the congregations thereby distances himself from God.

(James 4:6-11) God opposes the haughty ones, but he gives undeserved kindness to the humble ones.” Subject yourselves, therefore, to God... Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you indecisive ones. ...Humble yourselves in the eyes of Jehovah, and he will exalt you. Quit speaking against one another, brothers

(James 5:14-15) Is there anyone sick among you? Let him call the older men of the congregation to him, and let them pray over him, greasing him with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

• chickpea
    chickpea

carl jung had this inscription on his home and his tombstone:

Vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit

Called or not called, god is present....

i wrote that latin snippet on a piece of paper
    and read it every day for months that turned
    into years while i anguished about what i now
    know to call a "fade"... i begged to know god
    and i wept and i prayed and i summoned and i
    banished and i repented and i beckoned god
    "who are you? are you jehovah? are you another...
    how can i know what you want from me? in whom
    shall i place my faith?"

some believe vocatus atque non vocatus, deus aderit

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Here's the truth:

Be excellent to each other.

That's it. Everything else is either a metaphor to describe things we don't understand or a tool to control your thoughts, feelings, or actions. Jesus summed it up. So did Bill & Ted. Lao Tzu gave a bunch of practical details about it. But it all means the same thing. The Way is Love; follow it and nothing else matters.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Bez - my heart goes out to you - I remember the devastation after being Disfellowshipped and when the shunning began...and they told me that (Jehovah) God wouldn't be there for me anymore...they were wrong, so very wrong...He never left me at all...but it did take time for my confidence in myself to recover so that I could continue my relationship with him again...

I had a profound spiritual experience years before ...so nothing and noone can ever convince me that God doesnt exist because I know that he definitely does...keep talking to him Bez, he's listening and I imagine he's grieving for you too...

Loz x

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

bez

You left only 2 months ago. You need time. When I was counseling abuse survivors they would come in for their first appointment and think they could wrap up a lifetime of trauma in a few weeks. It doesn't work that way. It isn't that simple. Every singel facet of your life was controled and manipulated by the WTS. Anger is a normal and healthy part of the recovery process. Using that anger to help you in your recovery can be a challenge so don't try to suppress it. You can check out The Best of... Recovery threads and also the column I write over on Freeminds http://www.freeminds.org/support/dear-lee/

• bez
    bez

Thanks everyone again.

I will check out the link LL , and thankyou CL and Loz for giving me some hope that perhaps my prayers, thoughts and feelings will be heard.

I know as you said Lady Lee, that it has just been a couple months and a lifetime of 'abuse' if you like is not gonna just disappear overnight. Its good to know the anger i feel is just part of the recovery process... proving that i am recovering hopefully.

Im always intrigued to know of peoples experiences with their new found relationship with God after the WT, as obviously as Elder PAtrol mentioned, it is something we are told when leaving the WT that we are basically going into Satans world an therefore no God for us... I remember a friend saying to me.. and hearing many a talk from the platform that stated that you are either in Gods 'organisation' the JW's or you are in satans world.. how petrifiying.

I know i need to continue praying and see what happens from here......

Bez xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit