What's the best romantic gift youv'e ever received?

by potleg 20 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

If you can, cook for her. I love that. The spa getaway sounds fantastic. One to share if its an anniversary - I had one for Mother's day once.

Tammy

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Okay, this thread really kept me up last night. I was thinking over the presents from men I have received over the years and wondered which one stood out as the BEST. It was never the jewelry, flowers, perfume or underwear! The best gift that touched my heart the most was a wind chime designed in all peace signs. I hung it in front of a window above my tub. At night when there is a breeze I hear the chimes and think of the man that gave it to me and I smile.

• potleg
    potleg

Hi, thanks for the answers so far, I get the feeling that you ladies like gifts that make you feel so special. Maybe it's more in the giving than the gift itself. What do you think? I guess even doing chores around the house can say I love you. Being together because that's where you want to be, no matter what you are doing.

Funny, when you're dating someone, just spending time together cleaning the garage can be fun and special, even romantic. What happens with the passing of time? How can we rekindle those feelings?

I think I'm going to get a sweet little necklace custom crafted by an artist friend of mine and then hide it. Then I'll give Janice a bunch of clues to find it, sort of a like a treasure hunt. Along the way she'll find notes that say things like "this entitles you to a head to toe massage whenever you want it" or "dinner and a movie, your choice".

It seems that fun and surprise are a big part of being romantic. Am I right?

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

That sounds very romantic potleg!!! You're right about fun and surprise.

• flipper
    flipper

Lovemaking . Best gift I've ever received . received.received. received. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• tec
    tec

Potleg -

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Just follow Austin Powers lead....you'll be just fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKJjwQIVRGE&NR=1

• Twitch
    Twitch

The hat she left on,...

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV
    The hat she left on,...

Don't forget the shoes!...

V665

• Twitch
    Twitch

Shoes? What's a shoe?