I HATE this religion

by brotherdan 388 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

So today was my first sunday meeting that I didn't go with my wife. As an update she has decided not to move out right now...because she doesn't have anywhere to go. But she is giving me the silent treatment. I'm trying to be loving and tell her i love her throughout each day. I've been doing things for her, making sure she has a lot of relaxation time.

But I'm getting nothing back. Last night she went out with one of her "worldly" friends and got drunk. She took a cab home. So this morning she got ready for the meeting with the kids and I drove her to her car. I transfered the kids into the car and took her hand and said, "I know this is a really hard day for you, and I want to make it as easy as possible. Is there anything I can do to help." She gave me a stink eye and said, "You're the one in control of this whole thing. You know EXACTLY what you are doing." So I said, "Well, if you think of anything I'm here for you and I love you. I tried to give her a peck on the lips, but she pulled away, got in the car, and drove off.

I stood there in stunned disbelief. She's always been the most loving person I've ever known. Now it is like I'm a stranger.

Something that made it hard this morning too is that my son asked me, "Daddy why don't you go to the meetings anymore?" Although she denied it, I have a feeling it came from her. I just told him, "I have some work to do today, buddy." He then said, "But why won't you go to meetings when you don't have work?" I didn't know what to say...My wife gave me the "You disgust me!" look and walked away.

What do I say to a 5 year old about why daddy isn't going to meetings anymore?

Anyway, I HATE HATE HATE what this religion does to families. I would never do it...but it makes me want to burn down that stupid hall.

• cult classic
    cult classic
    Last night she went out with one of her "worldly" friends and got drunk. She took a cab home.

WHAT?! I can't believe it. And she's on your case? So is that your fault too? Wow.

I'm not sure of a good answer for this. But I would begin and end the explanation with " I love you no matter what"

Sorry BD I keep editing, hope you catch this.

• bohm
    bohm

The religion is doing something TERRIBLE to your family, but you should be very proud of what you are doing.

Im so sorry to see this happend to good people, and with your children in the middle to boot. Do you think your wife is going to divorse you?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Yeah, it's strange. Shes a die hard witness that does not follow their rules. It's bizarre.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Tell him why you don't go to meetings anymore.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I guess I shouldn't say "I don't believe it". I do believe it.

Yeah I guess I would tell him why also. Just keep it simple and make sure he knows you love him. (which I'm sure he does)

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

SixofNine, that is my first desired reaction. However, he's 5 and should not have to deal with adult problems. I also don't want to start down a course that is going to pit his mom against me.

I just can't think of what I can say to the little guy.

CC, I did catch your edit. I tell him how much I love him everyday. I just don't want to put him in a position where he has to choose between his mommy and me. God this religion is screwed up!!!

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I hate this cult a little more each day.

• Ding
    Ding

Hard as it is, I think you're doing the right thing.

At this point, all I'd say to your son is, "I decided not to go."

If he keeps asking why, still that's all I'd tell him.

He's only 5 years old.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Keep doing what you're doing. You say she is a loving person so she is going to respond to love. She just needs to let her anger die down a bit.

I feel the same about that cult, don't let them take your wife and your children from you.

Peace to you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit