Im afraid Jesus is a myth taken from the Egyptian savior Horus

by foolsparadise 55 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

Any thoughts? It is the exact same story as Jesus only 3000 years earlier

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear foolsparadise...

do you think that horus might be the "real" saviour?

love michelle

• tec
    tec

No, its not the exact same story at all. Much of the similarities are false.

http://www.kingdavid8.com/Copycat/JesusHorus.html

He lists his sources at the bottom of the page. Its a good site. Check it out. If you still want to talk about it, I'm more than happy to talk with you :)

Tammy

• Ding
    Ding

I agree with Tammy.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Don't forget Dionysus!!! Many aspects of his story are similar, too; and since the Jews under Roman rule were strongly influenced by the same classical Greek literature as the Romans, it is not surprising that they probably 'borrowed' mythology from the Greeks...

I'd also research the "Elysian Mysteries", if I were you...

Also, just to show another, much older influence - the Goddess Inanna, who was the Sumerian deity for a couple of thousand years BEFORE the bible was written, spent THREE DAYS AND THREE NIGHTS IN THE GRAVE, before being 'resurrected' - actually, reclaimed from the dark underworld by one of her girl-servant demi-gods...

Sound familiar??? That was several thousand years BEFORE "Jesus" was a gleam in a Jewish writer's eye...

While we're on the subject of the Sumerians, the Sumerian civilization's agricultural skills were quite well-advanced. They turned their land into a veritable "Garden of Eden"....

Speaking of which, GUESS WHERE the Sumerian civilization was located????

BETWEEN THE TIGRIS AND THE EUPHRATES RIVER!!! Over two thousand years BEFORE the bible!!!

Whatta coincidence...

Zid

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Jesus is not a myth.

• tec
    tec

Dionysus comparisons and even what he could find out about Inanna are on that site too.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Jesus is not a myth.

The existance of a man named 'Jesus' - perhaps not.

Breaking known laws of physics? I say "prove it".

- Lime

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Yes, you said it correctly, the known laws of physics.

• tec
    tec

Believing, that is so funny :) I was going to reply the exact same thing, but left it for you.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit